Site Title ‘Upcoming Events’

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Site Title ‘Upcoming Events’

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    fred
    Participant

Hi, so I’ve read the other threads and know that you guys know about the bug that makes ‘Upcoming Events’ butt itself into the site title. My question is when is this going to be updated to rectify the issue and what can do in the meantime , change the default view or something? (I’m currently on Photo View). I currently have the plugin and all its extensions deactivated as that seems to be the only thing solving it, but I need the plugin up and functioning smoothly asap.

greggsky
    Participant

I have the same question. I’ve read the other threads and the FAQ on the matter, and none of the issues solves the problem so far as I can tell. I’ve had to change my theme to use the_title() instead of wp_title(), which seems to do the trick, but what’s the problem here and when will it be fixed? Thanks.

Barry

We’re hoping to fix this in a forthcoming release. Of course if in the process of investigating we are able to put together a stopgap solution then we will certainly share it 🙂

fred
    Participant

Hey Greggsky, what are the steps for the changing my theme to use the _title() instead of wp_title()…

Could you start from where in the admin interface I should go? 🙂

Thanks,
    Fred

Barry

Hi Fred,

I think Greggsky may mean that within his theme’s header.php file he replaced the use of wp_title() with the_title() … the exact steps will very likely vary from theme to theme, however.

greggsky
    Participant

Yes, that changes was made in the theme files. NOT ideal, but the solutions offered in the FAQ did not work. Hope there’s a fix for it soon.

Barry

OK – it sounds like you’ll be able to get by with this workaround – if after one or two maintenance releases you’re still encountering problems then definitely do get back to us and we’ll see what we can do 🙂

For the time being though I’ll close this thread.

Kelly
    Participant

Hi guys! We just got a snippet that looks like it should resolve the issue for the time being, until we get a fix rolled into the official release:

https://gist.github.com/jazbek/6597658

Please check it out and let us know if that’s helpful. We really appreciate your patience while we worked through this!

tempomedia
    Participant

Hi there,
    Can you please explain where this snippet goes?
    Looking forward to getting this fixed.

Kelly
    Participant

Hi, tempomedia. Sorry if it wasn’t clear.

Please put the snippet in your functions.php file. That should do the trick.

Hope this helps!

tempomedia
    Participant

Sorry, you’ll have to a be a little clearer for me.

Is it `wp-includes` > `functions.php`

And where in the PHP file does it go?

I got an error when I tried to put it at the bottom.

Kelly
    Participant

Hi, tempomedia. If this is your first time doing something like this, your best bet is to read the Codex doc on Child Themes, especially the section on Using functions.php: http://codex.wordpress.org/Child_Themes#Using_functions.php

As always, please be sure to make backups before changing anything on your site. Good luck!

Support Droid
    Keymaster

This topic has not been active for quite some time and will now be closed.

If you still need assistance please simply open a new topic (linking to this one if necessary)
    and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • The topic ‘Site Title ‘Upcoming Events’’ is closed to new replies.