Site Structure/Style disapears accessing add page

Home Forums Calendar Products Community Events Site Structure/Style disapears accessing add page

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    patrick

Hi, I have installed the Community Events plugin but when I try to access the front end ‘add event page’ the form appears but the rest of the site disappears http://evesham.earandvoice.co.uk/events/community/add
    help with this is appreciated.

Regards
    Paddy

Jonah
    Participant

Hi Paddy,

Have you tried refreshing your permalinks by visiting Settings > Permalinks (jus visit the page and they will be refreshed automatically)? I would also try deactivating all other plugins to see if there’s a conflict going on. And if that doesn’t work, try reverting to the Twenty Eleven theme to see if it’s a theme problem.

Try those things and let me know what you find.

Thanks,
    Jonah

patrick

Jonah, thankyou so much for replying, I have switched to Twenty Eleven and all was as it should be , works just fine, so im guessing I must have some conflict with the theme im using but is there a way to work out what is so that I can work on how to resolve it ?
    Regards

Paddy

Jonah
    Participant

Hi Paddy,

Hmmm, hard to say what exactly it is. I would try two things:

1. Try increasing the PHP memory allocated for your website: http://www.dailyblogging.org/wordpress/increase-wordpress-memory-limit/
    2. Turn debugging on so you can see if there are any errors and what they are and where to look to fix them. You can do this by editing wp-config.php and setting WP_DEBUG to true: http://codex.wordpress.org/Editing_wp-config.php#Debug

Let me know if either of things help.

Thanks,
    Jonah

patrick

Jonah, many thanks for the reply, I have stepped a little closer, I upped the memory but no change, activated the debug mode and a fatal error was being brought up for the image thumb, so I removed that line and hey presto, the submit form works.

The main problem I have now is when i try to look at my listings they don’t show, the styling of the site seems intact but what I get is the following debug message
    Notice: Undefined index: authorID in /home/sites/earandvoice.co.uk/public_html/wp-content/themes/couponpress/PPT/class/class_design.php on line 3157
    and on line 3157
    $STRING .=’‘;

from this I have glean it is no able to grab author id and so can not display my listings, what do you think ?

Regards

Paddy

patrick

Jonah, many thanks for the reply, I have stepped a little closer, I upped the memory but no change, activated the debug mode and a fatal error was being brought up for the image thumb, so I removed that line and hey presto, the submit form works.

The main problem I have now is when i try to look at my listings they don’t show, the styling of the site seems intact but what I get is the following debug message
    Notice: Undefined index: authorID in /home/sites/earandvoice.co.uk/public_html/wp-content/themes/couponpress/PPT/class/class_design.php on line 3157
    and on line 3157
    //$STRING .=’‘;//

from this I have glean it is no able to grab author id and so can not display my listings, what do you think ?

Regards

Paddy

Rob

Hey Paddy. It looks like the error message got mangled, can you upload it as a screenshot?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The topic ‘Site Structure/Style disapears accessing add page’ is closed to new replies.