Site Slowness and errors with Events Calendar Pro

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Site Slowness and errors with Events Calendar Pro

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Michelle
    Participant

Hey folks, we’re running a site with a whole bunch of events on a Media Temple Grid server shared hosting solution. We are using events calendar Pro AND community events and have issues with the plugin enabled of site slowness and timeouts.

We’ve followed Media Temples suggestions of modifying to user.ini file to increase resources, but it doesn’t seem to help.

We have confirmed that the issue only occurs when running Events Calendar PRO, as we’re not having problems with the plugin disabled.

Any insight and help would be appreciated, as we’ve exhausted all the server related support and now need to move onto you guys…

We’re typically seeing one of two errors returned in relation:

[28-Dec-2016 17:16:09 UTC] PHP Fatal error: Cannot call overloaded function for non-object in /home/content/p3pnexwpnas02_data02/58/2585158/html/wp-content/plugins/the-events-calendar-community-events/src/Tribe/Anonymous_Users.php on line 24

[05-Jan-2017 19:22:51 UTC] PHP Fatal error: Cannot call overloaded function for non-object in /home/content/p3pnexwpnas02_data02/58/2585158/html/wp-includes/user.php on line 428

MT’s recommendations for the user.ini file is as follows:

memory_limit = 256M
    max_execution_time = 300
    max_input_time = 120
    post_max_size = 65M
    max_input_vars = 1000
    upload_max_filesize = 64M
    #ENABLE PHP ERROR LOGGING
    display_startup_errors = false
    display_errors = false
    html_errors = false
    log_errors = true
    track_errors = true
    error_log = ../data/php-errors.log
    error_reporting = E_ALL | E_STRICT
    log_errors_max_len = 0
    #END PHP ERROR LOGGING

George
    Participant

Hey @Michelle,

I’m sorry to hear about these issues! I’m curious: What’s the volume of events on your site, roughly speaking…are there many thousands of events per month, for example? Are there hundreds per day? Dozens per day? A couple of events per week?

Just curious about any insight here as to the number of events on your calendar. How many events show up per month, roughly?

Thanks!
    George

Michelle
    Participant

Less than 10 per month.

George
    Participant

Thanks for confirming, @Michelle. That amount of events should definitely not be problematic here.

One thing I’ve noticed is that your System Information shows that you’re running version 4.4.0.1 of The Events Calendar, but are still using the outdated version 4.3.3 of Events Calendar Pro.

This could create some problems—please update Events Calendar Pro to version 4.4.

Next, you say, “We are using events calendar Pro AND community events”, but I do not see Community Events listed in the Plugins section of your System Information.

Why is this the case? Did you remove Community Events from your site before you opened this thread?

Let me know, and let me know if updating Events Calendar Pro to its most recent version helps at all here.

Thanks!
    George

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Site Slowness and errors with Events Calendar Pro’ is closed to new replies.