Site Fees are being calculated on entire order not only the ticket line items

Home Forums Ticket Products Community Tickets Site Fees are being calculated on entire order not only the ticket line items

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Ameet
    Participant

We are running woocommerce tickets and are about to start selling merchandise as well. We charge a flat percentage of 12.5% Site Fee for tickets and it has been calculating fine for multiple tickets as the Site Fee is percentage of the total.

We are about to add merch and the problem is that Site Fees are being added as a percentage of the entire order and not just the ticket line items as would be expected. So t-shirts and other physical good are getting lumped in with tickets and it should not be the case.

Is there a way around this so that the percentage is only applied to the Tribe Event Tickets line items?

Ameet
    Participant

In community tickets, Cart.php. The parse_order() and calculate_cart_fees(), it seems to rip through the entire cart and applies the fee structure to all line items regardless if the line item is a tribe ticket or not. This makes is so you can’t sell merch without getting additional Site Fees. Am I missing something, cause I can’t seem to sell a t-shirt without Site Fees getting applied?

I need to implement a temp fix asap so I can sell merch without those Site Fees hitting folks.
    thx

Brian
    Keymaster

Hi Again,

Thanks for providing information on this issue as well.

I was able to reproduce this issue as well.

I do not have a work around right now, but bringing this to the developers to see what we can do.

I will update this ticket once I have more information.

Thanks

Ameet
    Participant

Thx Brian,
    This is also a pretty high priority issue since you can’t really sell Merch properly since the Site Fees are calculated and applied on the entire order. I’ve been digging in Event Tickets Cart.php, parse_order() and calculate_cart_fees() functions and that is where it is getting applied regardless of the type of product, it just checks to see whether there is a reciever_email and fees.

I am able to check whether the cart contains tickets or not, but seems like there are some extra steps that need to be taken so that the Site Fees are applied properly or not at all.

We’ve had to adjust all our merch prices to to basically include this 12.5% which we’ll eat in for tax purposes, but as you can imagine it is far from ideal.

If you get a chance to dig around in those function for any solution, it’d be much appreciated, or any ETA on when a patch may happen.

Thanks!

Brian
    Keymaster

Hi,

I do not have a timeline for the release, but I believe I found the issue and a way to fix it.

In this file:

the-events-calendar-community-events-tickets/src/Tribe/Cart.php

Around line 41 this check is always returning true:

// if the event doesn't exist, skip
    if ( ! $event ) {
    continue;
    }

As this always returns something: $event = get_post( $event_id );

If instead you change it to this:

// if the event doesn't exist, skip
    if ( ! $event_id) {
    continue;
    }

I tested on my site and that worked for me.

Does that work for you?

Thanks

Ameet
    Participant

Brian!
    Thank you sir, I totally missed that event and event_id piece. I think this is going to work. I hope that you can add this fix in the next release.

Cheers,
    ameet

Brian
    Keymaster

Great, glad it helps.

I am going to close this ticket to new replies, but the issue is still open and we will update this ticket once we release a fix.

It as the other issue are not in 4.0, but hopefully will be included in 4.0.1. Please wait until you hear from us in this thread before updating.

If you have any new questions or issues please create a new ticket and reference this one.

Thanks

Geoff

Hey Ameet,

The fix for this issue will also be included in the 4.0.1 release that is scheduled for later today. Thanks again for bringing this up and please do let us know if any other issues pop up–we’d be happy to help.

Cheers!
    Geoff

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The topic ‘Site Fees are being calculated on entire order not only the ticket line items’ is closed to new replies.