Single Venue Page Descriptions at Full Width

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Single Venue Page Descriptions at Full Width

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Jordan Polon
    Participant

Hello. Is there a way to make the single venue pages show event descriptions at full width?, without changing the upcoming events list display? I want this to stay as is (except for the font in the meta on right) http://www.thehartfordstore.com/events but I want the descriptions here: http://www.thehartfordstore.com/venue/real-art-ways/ to extend all the way across the page.

Also, this site is just a test for the actual, so it’s a mess. Sorry!

Barry

No problem: you’d need to override the single-venue.php template and/or add some CSS, depending on what you’re most comfortable doing. Have you read our themer’s guide and tutorial on template overrides?

Jordan Polon
    Participant

Hi Barry, thanks for responding. I have read them, but I’m really entirely sure what I’m doing (obviously). It took a few tries to get the venue page to where it is now (hiding the meta and venue details) in single-venue.php. Can I add css to that? Thanks very much.

Barry

How about we try this: find events.css – it’s normally located in wp-content/plugins/the-events-calendar/resources/ – and copy it to your theme’s events directory (you may need to create the events directory if it doesn’t already exist).

Then add this rule to the bottom of the stylesheet. Does that work for you?

Jordan Polon
    Participant

I tried that, but it did not work. I created the events directory, and I also replaced the css in its original location, just to see. Is there anything else that I can try? Thanks!

Barry

Hi Tara – that’s my fault, the CSS I provided contains an error. If you look after 100% you will see a double quote – that needs to be removed so the line simply reads:

width: 100%;

Sorry about that! The other lines remain the same.

Jordan Polon
    Participant

It worked! Thank you so much!

David
    Participant

I’ve run into the same exact problem and tried the solutions suggested in this thread but no luck. Exasperated and tired, I’ll try again tomorrow.

Barry

Hi David, can you provide a URL so we can look at the problem?

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The topic ‘Single Venue Page Descriptions at Full Width’ is closed to new replies.