Single/Return Tickets

Home Forums Welcome! Pre-Sales Questions Single/Return Tickets

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Simon Lamble

Hi, looking for a solution to sell tickets for travel between two destinations. Customers will buy open tickets for any given day, with an absolute ceiling on that day’s numbers (i.e. only selling 100 tickets in each destination). There will be different prices for adults and children.

We need to offer users heading from A – B the option of buying single or return tickets.
    We also need to offer users heading from B- A the same.

The two trips need to be presented on different pages, however we need all tickets from B-A to take from the same inventory of 100 (irrespective of the starting destination). Equally all tickets from A-B need to take from that inventory of 100

Is there anyway your plugin can support this use case?

Thanks

Barry

Hi Simon,

Thanks for reaching out!

It sounds like each ticket (“A → B” and “B → A”) needs to have its own separate inventory (100 tickets for each).

This is fully supported by our plugins, so if for example you set yourself up with Event Tickets, Event Tickets Plus and a suitable ecommerce plugin such as WooCommerce, I believe you can get close to your end goal here.

With the above plugins in place you could also take advantage of shared capacity (sometimes called “global stock”) – more about that here:

theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/making-tickets

If I’m understanding you correctly, though, you probably don’t need that capability – though it’s worth being aware of it.

Remember also that we offer a 30-day refund period, so you could try this out and work with us to tune things a little (while we can’t provide you with custom dev services, we may be able to offer high level guidance and at least point you in the right direction) and see if you can bring about a final solution you are comfortable with 🙂

I hope that helps, but do let me know if you have any further questions.

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘Single/Return Tickets’ is closed to new replies.