Single Page Event Not Rendering Properly On Optimizepress 2.0 Page

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Single Page Event Not Rendering Properly On Optimizepress 2.0 Page

• This topic has 13 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by David.
Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    David
    Participant

Hi there-

I’ve installed the Events Calendar Pro using the [tribe_events] shortcode on an Optimizepress 2.0 page because I want to have more control over the aesthetics of the page using the live editor features. The calendar month format looks fine on the live editor page I’ve created, but neither the calendar on the ‘default’ event URL (/events) nor the single event does. From what I can tell, they seem to be embedding themselves on the basic WordPress ‘blog’ and are pulling from that style rather than OP. I thought I could get around that by embedding the shortcode on a live editor page, but the single event still pulls from the blog style/format when you click on it (Screenshots of each page attached and labeled).

I’m aware that testing for conflicts by changing the theme is step 1 of troubleshooting, but I would like to avoid that at all costs if possible. Our site is live and used by hundreds of clients every day, so changing the theme from Optimize Press to the 2016 theme even for just 5-minutes is extremely difficult and could prove to be fairly disastrous. I am also getting the following error message when I searched for Javascript errors as per the conflict guide’s directions:

Uncaught TypeError: Cannot set property ‘w’ of undefined
    at m (jquery.ba-resize.min.js:9)
    at dispatch (jquery.js:3)
    at r.handle (jquery.js:3)
    at Object.trigger (jquery.js:3)
    at Object.a.event.trigger (jquery-migrate.min.js:2)
    at jquery.js:3
    at Function.each (jquery.js:2)
    at a.fn.init.each (jquery.js:2)
    at a.fn.init.trigger (jquery.js:3)
    at g (op-front-all.min.js:36)

Unfortunately, the above is complete gibberish to me, so I don’t know if it’s even remotely related to the single event issue or is something else. Needless to say, I am NOT a programmer in any way, shape, or form, so I have no idea where to go from here. I have read through every support doc/forum post but my knowledge about this is incredibly limited so I basically don’t understand 99% of it, much less have the capacity to implement it.

On top of me not knowing anything, I am under a HUGE time crunch and needed to have the calendar up and running two weeks ago. The old calendar we have been using broke (site is ancient and we are moving everything over to a new one), so our clients have been without this information (that is a giant part of their membership) for weeks and I’m clearly not getting anywhere, leaving them without resources they’re paying for.

I’m REALLY hoping I can get some help with this very soon… I’m pretty desperate! I apologize in advance for my incompetency 🙁

P.S: I am posting this under my employer’s account and am a 24-year-old woman, not a 50-year-old man (ha)

• This topic was modified 7 years, 1 month ago by David.
    George
    Participant

Sorry to hear about this trouble, @David.

I totally understand the time crunch you mention being under — just to set your expectations, though, the pace of our support exchanges is usually one reply every 24–48 hours during the work week, as described on this page: https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/what-support-is-provided-for-license-holders/

I’m certainly happy to try and work more quickly than that — and will try to do so. On this note, thanks for your patience over the weekend — let’s get started with these issues!

The first thing I’m curious about is some clarification about what your expectations are.

So first, let’s take a look at this screenshot of yours that you shared: https://theeventscalendar.com/content/uploads/2017/02/716f0b3bdf2e88a4.png

In that screenshot, the URL of the event is myepicpractice.com/event/accelerator-monday, and you say this about that fact:

seems to be pulling from the calendar’s default event style and using that URL (myepicpractice.com/event/accelerator-monday/) rather than the live editor page’s style/URL where i’ve embedded the [tribe_events] short code (myepicpractice.com/member/epic-events)

Please answer both of the following questions specifically:

1. To be clear, do your comments on that screenshot mean that you are expecting that event to actually exist at this URL:
    myepicpractice.com/member/epic-events/accelerator-monday
    instead of this one:
    myepicpractice.com/event/accelerator-monday/

2. Can you please clarify what the specific problem is in the screenshot other than the URL? What is wrong with the content of the page itself, specifically?

The answers to these two specific questions should help us get started here!

Thanks,
    George

David
    Participant

Hey there-

The screenshots are of 3 separate pages (which I named to help identify them) but it looks like uploading them gets rid of , so to clarify:

https://theeventscalendar.com/content/uploads/2017/02/2fded68d46a41b2e.png: This is the OptimizePress Live Editor page I’ve embedded the shortcode on (URL: http://myepicpractice.com/member/epic-events/), which I’ve done to have greater control over design AND so I can membership protect the calendar/content. That aside, the calendar itself looks okay, but once you click on the event (i.e., ‘Accelerator Monday’), I get the next screenshot.

https://theeventscalendar.com/content/uploads/2017/02/716f0b3bdf2e88a4.png: This is what I see when I click on the event. The formatting of the page itself is different from the rest of the pages, and the Venue details aren’t there.

https://theeventscalendar.com/content/uploads/2017/02/47eb32440dc031af.png: This is what the calendar looks like when I go to the “slug used for building the events URL. Your current events URL is: http://myepicpractice.com/events/” as the ‘Settings’ page on the calendar’s backend puts it. As you can see in the screenshot, there’s nothing resembling a calendar and the page is titled ‘Blog Archives’.

Did that help at all? Fingers crossed it did!

George
    Participant

This information does help, David, and I appreciate both your explanation here and your patience with this issue.

When it comes to these issues, there are a few things I’m curious about:

1. Have you made any modifications to any plugin files for The Events Calendar or Events Calendar Pro?

2. If you head to Events → Settings → Display in your site’s wp-admin, what is the value of the “Events template” option there?

3. For this “Events template” option, I would recommend trying out every single available template. Choose a template, save the changes, and then check out all of the pages you showed in the screenshots above. Does anything with the “main events page” and “single events page” display issues improve with any particular templates?

Let us know what you find!

Thanks,
    George

David
    Participant

1. Nope, haven’t touched a thing- I’m too nervous to!
    2. Default Events Template
    3. Main events calendar page (myepicpractice.com/events) is still the same, and now the event name isn’t showing and I can’t click on anything to even see the single event page, which is bizarre (photo attached). Since I couldn’t click on the event, I went to Events → Edit Events → View Event in wp-admin to see if it looks good and thankfully it does!

The single event page also looks good on the live editor page where I embedded the shortcode. However, when I click ‘All Events’ from the single event page to go back to the calendar, the main events calendar page shows rather than going back to the functioning calendar embedded on the live editor page.

George
    Participant

Glad to hear about some progress here, David.

You describe the following:

However, when I click ‘All Events’ from the single event page to go back to the calendar, the main events calendar page shows rather than going back to the functioning calendar embedded on the live editor page.

☝️ This is the correct and by-design functionality of the plugin. “All Events” links go to the main calendar page, not to any instance of the [tribe_events] shortcode.

You could only alter these links by modifying plugin code or making custom event templates. We are not able to help with either thing, as elaborated upon here, but I’m just noting that it’s possible this way…otherwise, it’s not.

I hope that information helps clarify things a bit — please let me know if there are any other issues or questions I can try to help with.

— George

David
    Participant

Thanks for the reply. I can bite the bullet and live without the live editor functionality, but the issue of the main events calendar page still remains (message above). Any suggestions on that?

George
    Participant

This reply is private.

David
    Participant

We don’t have a page named ‘Events’ so that’s not an issue but I tried what you suggested but it doesn’t look like anything changed. I had my fingers crossed 🙁

I will contact OP support and tell them exactly what you said above. Thanks for all your help, George. I sincerely appreciate it!

George
    Participant

Sure thing David, thanks for your patience here. While I will close this thread for now, if issues arise related to our plugins specifically please come back and open a new thread any time — link to this thread for context if need be, etc…

Best of luck with your project,
    George

David
    Participant

Hey George,

Might not be something you can answer or not matter, but even though I included what you said, OP support’s response was basically that they can’t help me. His exact words were:

“We do not know the code of the script of the external plugin so you really need to check with the script you are using to establish what could be the cause.

As much as we’d like to be able to provide solutions for all issues with external plugins, it simply isn’t possible because all scripts are different which is why we advise speaking with the developer or support of the said plugin as they know their product much better than us.

If the developer of the plugin does highlight a specific issue with OP which they think we might be able to fix, please feel free to let us know and we will pass on the information to our developers who may be able to release an update in the future to patch the issue, but we cannot give any guarantees on this or timescales on when an update would be released.”

As I said, not sure if you can help with this by highlighting a specific issue you may think is happening so I can share that with their support team, but it’s worth a shot.

George
    Participant

I am really sorry to hear that you’re in this situation, David — a sort of “ping-pong” between support teams! 🙁

The simple fact is this, which is worth sharing with the OP team:

• There is no such issue with our plugins in default themes that adhere to WordPress Coding Standards, like Twenty Seventeen, Twenty Twelve, or any theme one might find on wordpress.org

• And so the issues are specific to and seem to be inherently caused by OptimizePress.

With this fact about the OptimizePress theme being the culprit in mind, the OptimizePress team is in the best position to investigate—and hopefully resolve—these issues.

Please let me know if this information helps you proceed at all.

Sincerely,
    George

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • The topic ‘Single Page Event Not Rendering Properly On Optimizepress 2.0 Page’ is closed to new replies.