Single Organizer View Meta Template location

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Single Organizer View Meta Template location

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    rdall
    Participant

Hi Modern Tribe.

I am looking for the template for the single event organizer meta.

I have been able to find the single-organizer.php but that only references:

echo tribe_get_meta_group( ‘tribe_event_organizer’ )

And I can’t find where that is calling from.

I have found the Single Event Meta (Organizer) Template which is references $email but this must be calling a different template the organizer view as it wraps the email in <dt> tag and not a span tag like the organizer template does.

All I can find in your code that references to a Organizer View Meta Template is a file located in

lib/template-classes/single-organizer.php

which reference a tribe_event_organizer but their is no template for the Single Organizer View Meta that I can find in your template files.

Can you help a brother out?

Josh
    Participant

Hello rdall,

Thanks for reaching out to us!

If I’m understanding your question correctly, it sounds like you’re looking for the organizer view which can be found within the core plugin at views -> modules -> meta -> organizer.php. If you would like to customize this file, you can do so by following our Themer’s Guide to put the customization within your theme and preserving them for future plugin updates.

Let me know if this helps.

Thanks!

rdall
    Participant

Hi Josh
    The template you are referencing:
    https://github.com/moderntribe/the-events-calendar/blob/develop/views/modules/meta/organizer.php
    Is only being called in the single event view. I know this because the email on the single event view is being wrapped in a <dt> tag and not a <span> tag.

Also the Single Organizer Template is not part of “The Events Calendar” But it’s part of The Events Calendar Pro. You can find it on the
    views/pro/single-organizer.php

That is where you will find the call
    echo tribe_get_meta_group( ‘tribe_event_organizer’ )
    which then outputs the

<!– Organizer Meta –>
    <address class=”organizer-address”><span class=”tel”>1-888-111-1111</span><span class=”tribe-events-divider”>|</span><span class=”email”>[email protected]</span><span class=”tribe-events-divider”>|</span><span class=”url”>http://example.com</span></address>

So if you review / compare the output of the html from the two files you will see that they are different files and I don’t know where the template for the organizer meta in the pro/single-organizer.php is located.

You should note that I have removed reference to the clients site.

Josh
    Participant

Hello rdall,

Thanks for following up with us and I apologize for my confusion in what you were looking for.

It looks like what you’re looking for is the “lib/template-classes/single-organizer.php” file that you found originally within the Pro files. Within that file you can see that “tribe_event_organizer” structure is set within the “tribe_set_the_meta_template” function. This is what controls the output that you’ve got pasted in the latest response.

If you would like to customize what gets output within the single Organizer view, the simplest way would be to recreate the class within your child theme and modify the contents and wrappers to match your needs.

Let me know if this helps.

Thanks!

rdall
    Participant

That is certainly not an easily editable template. I am trying to apply the anti-spam bot function included in core to plain text (and easily harvested) email addresses. See link http://codex.wordpress.org/Function_Reference/antispambot
    I already put a feature request for this on the user voice forum.
    https://tribe.uservoice.com/forums/195723-feature-ideas/suggestions/6651670-user-wordpress-core-anti-spam-bot-to-hide-email-ad

If you know how to apply this to the template you mentioned above I would love to see the gist. However it’s a little over my head at this time.

Brian
    Keymaster

Hi rdall,

Josh is out today so I am going to help out there. You are correct on the setup of the single-organizer. I do not believe you have to change that class as it is formatting the content, but not getting the content such as the emails.

This function is still getting the organizer email.

function tribe_get_organizer_email( $postId = null ) {
    $postId = TribeEvents::postIdHelper( $postId );
    $output = esc_html( tribe_get_event_meta( tribe_get_organizer_id( $postId ), '_OrganizerEmail', true ) );
    return apply_filters( 'tribe_get_organizer_email', $output );
    }

You should be able to use that filter:

tribe_get_organizer_email

To use the anti-spam bot function on the email.

Let me know if you have any follow up questions.

Thanks

Brian
    Keymaster

Since there is has not been any activity on this thread for over 2 weeks so I am now closing it. Feel free to start a new thread if you have further issues. Thanks! 🙂

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The topic ‘Single Organizer View Meta Template location’ is closed to new replies.