Single Order posting on all recurring events

Home Forums Ticket Products Event Tickets Plus Single Order posting on all recurring events

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Had a customer purchase two tickets for 3/7 for the Easton Ghost Walk which reoccurs every first Friday. I created the Easton series using the recurring events function for the first Fridays in 2014. This customer’order # is #1101. This order (along with her name) shows up in the Attendees list for all the Easton Ghost Walks.
    Second weird thing is that on the order it shows that stock for product #870 (which is the adult ticket $15 and is what she ordered) was reduced from 7 to 5. However. Standard stock for adult tickets is 15 products (not 7). However standard stock for child’s ticket is 7. There were no other orders on this walk. Something is very screwy. She ordered 2 adult tickets for the 3/7 tour, but her order is posted to all the tours, and the stock isn’t reducing correctly.
    This is very cumbersome to handle and I’m going crazy over it.
    SCREENSHOTS –
    http://chesapeakeghostwalks.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/02/Screen-Shot-2014-02-27-at-4.14.02-PM.png

http://chesapeakeghostwalks.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/02/Screen-Shot-2014-02-27-at-4.18.24-PM.png

SAME PROBLEM – Had a customer order 6 tickets for Ocean City Walk 7/2. His single order posted to all the Ocean City walks and reduced the inventory in all the walks. His ticket showed that he was signed up for the walk on 6/4 which was the first in the recurring series.

So … It appears that when a customer orders a ticket from an event that was created as a recurring event, woo tickets posts the order to all in the series and issues the customer a ticket for the first in the series.

Why?

Kelly
    Participant

Hi, chesapeakeghostwalks. Great question! 🙂

Unfortunately, WooCommerce Tickets does not currently support recurring events. We’ve tried to highlight this limitation in the Roadmap section of  the WooCommerce Tickets product page, but I know that it’s often overlooked.

On the other hand, we are getting close to launching our refactored recurrence infrastructure. Once that’s complete, we’ll begin the next step of investigating how that can be effectively ported over to the tickets framework. So, it’s not going to happen right away, but it’s definitely something we’re making steady progress towards.

Sorry I don’t have better news for you, but hopefully, that clears up the mystery!

Kelly
    Participant

Hi, chesapeakeghostwalks. As it’s been a couple of weeks now, I’m going to close this thread. Please start a new topic if you have any further questions.

Thanks for being a TEC user! 🙂

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘Single Order posting on all recurring events’ is closed to new replies.