Single license key, and shortcode wootickets

Home Forums Welcome! Pre-Sales Questions Single license key, and shortcode wootickets

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Marlies

Hi there,
    I’m using your beautiful Events Calendar on a client’s website, and want to buy WooTickets now. But I have two questions first:
    1. The website is currently on my own server, and I want to test there before I transfer the website to my client’s server. How does this work with the License Key for WooTickets? I want to buy the $50 option, but this is for just one website. Will this be a problem if I try transferring the website?
    2. On the event page, I am using tabbed content. I noticed that on the demo pages I have seen of WooTickets, the ‘sale’ option is always below, underneath the event content. Is there a way to use some kind of shortcode to display it on other parts as well? Since I am using tabbed content (see here: http://vlindermedia.nl/clients/infocus/course/4th-annual-course-on-the-bbb-in-cns-drug-development-2013/), it would not be good to only display it at the end of the content, because that would mean it would be all the way down the very last tab. Could you please let me know if it is possible to display the ‘buy tickets’ on a different place within the event page? Shortcode maybe?

Please let me know asap, I’m on a tight deadline, and really hope we can keep using this plugin. The WooTickets integration is the reason I downloaded Events Calendar in the first place, so I hope it is possible 🙂

Thanks so much!
    Marlies

Barry

Hi Marlies – thanks for getting in touch.

Will this be a problem if I try transferring the website?

The same license cannot be used concurrently on multiple sites (if we are talking about a single, personal license) but you can definitely move it from one domain to another – we’ve got a page here on tri.be to let users manage keys and associated domains.

Is there a way to use some kind of shortcode to display it on other parts as well?

Well, no shortcode is built in but you could certainly display the ticket form in other locations. You would need to do some amount of template customization work to realize this though, so if you’re familiar with PHP, HTML etc (even if only to a limited extent) so much the better 🙂

Marlies

Thanks for your fast reply, Barry. I’m definitely familiar with PHP and HTML, but I’m not sure if template customization would actually do what I need it to do, since I will need to put the payment option somewhere in the middle of the page (since tabbed content will show one big page in the dashboard, but tabbed in the actual front page). You think that would be possible? Or maybe I could create some kind of separate footer in the events single page, is that what you mean? And which template would I need to customize? Right now I am using the Default Page Template.

Thanks again! 🙂
    Marlies

Barry

Well, the only limit is your imagination. There would be nothing to prevent you from registering your own shortcode for instance, it could simply take an ID parameter (ie, the post ID for the event in question) and then in turn call The Events Calendar’s ticket form template tag.

[tribe_embed_ticket_form id="123"]

Though we can’t really guide you through customizations like that we can definitely prod you in the right direction and you might even find existing examples on the forum somewhere.

Marlies

Thanks Barry, I will go ahead and make the purchase, and hope I can figure it out with a little help of the forum. 🙂

Leah

Thanks Marlies!

Support Droid
    Keymaster

This topic has not been active for quite some time and will now be closed.

If you still need assistance please simply open a new topic (linking to this one if necessary)
    and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The topic ‘Single license key, and shortcode wootickets’ is closed to new replies.