Single filter

Home Forums Calendar Products Filter Bar Single filter

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    ptsweb
    Participant

I want to allow users to filter by Categories, and only Categories.

So I don’t want Filter Bar to show a Categories dropdown. Rather, I just want a filter bar that has checkboxes for my calendar’s categories, so users can click/unclick boxes to show/unshow categories. That’s it.

Andras
    Keymaster

Hey ptsweb,

Thanks for reaching out!

Go to Events > Settings > Filters tab, disable all filters that you don’t need.

Open the Event Category filter and change it to ‘Checkboxes’.

This is how it looks like: https://dl.dropbox.com/s/w80kqeqwfcbjrk2/shot_180904_125603.jpg”

Let me know if this helps.

Cheers,
    Andras

ptsweb
    Participant

Nope. That doesn’t help. Because the checkboxes don’t just show in the filter bar. They show as a dropdown.

I want the checkboxes to be visible without the user having to click a dropdown menu.

Andras
    Keymaster

Under Events > Settings > Filters tab, at the bottom you have the option to choose the default state and the position of the filter bar: https://dl.dropbox.com/s/jrbg2iyrivpggsf/shot_180906_121554.jpg

After changing any setting click the ‘Save Changes’ button.

Please note that only those categories will show up in the filter bar that have at least one event. Empty categories will not show up.

If you need further help, then please also share your system information with me.

Cheers,
    Andras

ptsweb
    Participant

No… you don’t understand. I do not want to have to click an arrow to show the categories checkboxes. (Even if it is default as “open,” I don’t want it to be closeable. I just want the checkboxes… that’s it.)

Andras
    Keymaster

Okay, thanks for clarifying.

Not quite sure what’s happening, but I’m happy to assist you in finding out.

If I understand correctly, then this is the view you would like to achieve on pageload:

Might be month view as well, the focus is now on the categories being open.

To achieve this I have the following setting under Events > Settings > Filters tab

What I also realized that no matter what the setting is, once you have toggled it open or close, on the next pageload it will have the same status. So if you closed it before, it will be closed on the next pageload, even if you change your settings meanwhile.

I was trying to check where this is stored, but couldn’t find it. It is not in transients and not in a cookie or cache.

If you open the page in a different browser or in a private tab / window, then they will show or not show based on your setting.

If you want to make sure that they always show, no matter what, then you can add this snippet to your (child) theme’s style.css file:

[code language=”css”].tribe-events-filter-group.tribe-events-filter-checkboxes {
    display: none !important;
    }[/code]

Also note that with this the user will not be able to close the filters at all.

Does this help?

If you need further help, please share your system information with me in a private reply.

Thanks and cheers,
    Andras

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The topic ‘Single filter’ is closed to new replies.