Single Event Page Title Bar/Featured Image Getting Cut Off

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Single Event Page Title Bar/Featured Image Getting Cut Off

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    kshykula
    Participant

Hello,

I am resubmitting this ticket as the identical ticket I logged was closed.

I hesitate to ask as this seems like such a simple fix, but the answer still eludes me.

When we click on any event with a featured image, the title bar in single event page view is cut off (does not span the required width to view the entire title). Additionally, the featured image that is supposed to sit above the title either gets cut off, or is not displayed at all. sometimes the title is also cut off at the top of the title bar, so you cannot even see the full title.

In List view, the featured image is either sitting behind the title bar completely, or most of it is covered by the title bar.

I have done “inspect” in Chrome and can see and manipulate the related code there, for example:

“h2 class=”tribe-events-single-event-title summary entry-title” data-fontsize=”16″ data-lineheight=”30″>Parent Teacher Conferences – No classes for K-12 students</h2″

as well as the code for the image…but I do not understand what is causing the problem in the first place, other than the fact that any event WITHOUT a featured image, does not have this problem.

I have tried the suggestion provided by Jennifer, which was:

I would first recommend adjusting the “Default stylesheet used for events templates” and “Events template” settings under Events > Settings > Display. These affect how much events pages inherit their styling from the theme.

If that doesn’t make a difference, can you please send me links to a page with list view and to an event with a featured image so that I can take a look? I’ll be happy to point you in the right direction ?

This did not change anything and the issue still exists. Here is a link to a page with list view and to an event with a featured image:

Event with featured image:
    https://www.westmountcharter.com/event/spring-photos-april-18th-and-april-19th/

I don’t have list view set up anywhere on our site, but you can see a screen capture of one affected events below, and then go to our site calendar and view that event in a list yourself if you like.

Many thanks for the assistance!

Note that Events Calendar PRO is currently disabled due to a conflict that arose when I updated that plugin yesterday; this is unrelated to this display issue, as it was happening prior to the plugin update. I have logged a ticket for that issue as well.

Kat

Hi Kat,

Thanks so much for reaching out!

I don’t have list view set up anywhere on our site

It looks like you do have list view set up, but you can disable it by going to Events Settings < Display and uncheck List View under Enable Event Views

Do you still see this display issue if you switch to a default WordPress theme, like Twentyseventeen?

Let me know if you have any other questions in the meantime!

Thanks,

Jaime

kshykula
    Participant

Hello and thank you for clarifying what you meant by list view. When disabled, nothing changes – same issues.

Under the 2017 theme, a single event looks like this:

[cid:[email protected]]

Kathleen Shykula
    Westmount Charter School
    http://www.westmountcharter.comhttp://www.westmountcharter.com
    [email protected]:[email protected]

Hi Kat,

Would you mind re-sending the screenshot? I’m not seeing it attached to this thread.

Let me know if anything else comes up in the meantime!

Thanks,

Jaime

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Single Event Page Title Bar/Featured Image Getting Cut Off’ is closed to new replies.