Single event page details meta

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Single event page details meta

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    tobias
    Participant

Third question for today:

While doing the layout for the single event detail page, I found that the three-column details block with venue, URL, date, map and so on is produced by some meta hook. I worked my way through that halfway, but I can’t find the place where the exact layout of that is set. What I wanna do is primarily change the order of the details supplied and changing a bit of styling by using different classes there. That includes moving the links for iCal and Google calendar up into that three-column block, too. Also, I’d like to change the labels, and I realized some of them are stored in meta.php, some are not.

What’s to do here?

Thanks in advance,
    Tobias

Barry

Hi Tobias,

If you want to get to know the meta walker/meta factory (which handles those elements) please refer to this handy tutorial:

How the Tribe Meta Factory works

Playing with this probably counts as a fairly advanced level customizing, however, so you’d ideally have a fair level of WordPress and general development knowledge, and some time to spare, to investigate this.

A straightforward alternative could be to “kill” that section (which is pulled in by the tribe_events_single_event_meta() call in the single-event.php template) and essentially replace it with a set of simpler calls which you could structure just how you want it to be.

Do either of those ideas help?

tobias
    Participant

Thank you! I preferred killing the whole meta output and puzzling it together myself. 😉 That did the trick.

Barry

(Closing this out!)

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘Single event page details meta’ is closed to new replies.