single event on separate page in photo format

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO single event on separate page in photo format

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Darci Anderson
    Participant

Tried looking for this information in your forum, but couldn’t find an answer. I’m updating our website and would like to use content from events calendar pro. My great idea is to put a recurring event in photo display mode in a separate section of our website.

For example I have three different recurring events (classes at our church), that would be placed in a “Classes” page, but the info link and all event info for the particular class would be pulled from the events calendar pro.

Do I make sense?

Geoff

Hi there, Adrian! Thanks for getting in touch and welcome back to the forums. 🙂

Yeah, that makes sense and it’s a good question. Have you considered categorizing these recurring events in the same Event Category, then linking directly to that category URL in Photo View? For example, a category called “Classes” would have a URL of: [your-site]/events/category/classes/photo/. That would be the simplest way to get the sort of effect you’re looking for.

Otherwise, I think this will require some additional development that i’m afraid is outside the scope of what we can provide here in the forums. A good place to start is our Themer’s Guide, but it will certainly take some custom work.

We’re also always accepting feature requests on our UserVoice page, if this is something you would like us to consider including in a future release. For example, we’re looking into the idea of shortcode calendar embedding, and I wonder if Photo View would be an interesting use case for that.

Sorry I don’t have more of a concrete answer for you here, but I hope it helps point you in the right direction.

Cheers!
    Geoff

Geoff

Hey there, Adrian Just checking in to see if you have any follow-up questions on this one–please let me know. 🙂

Cheers!
    Geoff

Darci Anderson
    Participant

Hey Geoff,

Thank you, I’m afraid I reached my level of development/programming. I’m in contact with our developer and he will be updating our site events area for what we are looking for.

Thank you for your follow up,

Blessings,

Adrian

Geoff

My pleasure! Thanks for following up as well. I’ll go ahead and close this thread, but feel  free to start a new one if anything else comes up or if your developer comes across any other questions and we’d be happy to help. 🙂

Cheers!
    Geoff

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘single event on separate page in photo format’ is closed to new replies.