Single event layout with sidebar

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Single event layout with sidebar

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    inspiringmedia
    Participant

How can I change the default full-width display for an event listing to a layout that has a sidebar on the right that can use sidebar widgets?

Hi Michael,

Thanks so much for reaching out!

Just to let you know, we are limited by our Support Policy in how much we can help with customizations, but I will try to point you in the right direction.

You can start off by taking a look at our Themer’s Guide, which can walk you through how to copy and edit our templates to suit your needs.  You’ll want to look at the /wp-content/plugins/the-events-calendar/single-event.php template.

Once you’ve got the template set up, you can create a custom sidebar by following these instructions, and then add it to the template by using get_sidebar. Once this has been done, you should see your custom sidebar appear in the widget area, where you can drag and drop widgets into it like any other sidebar.

Let me know how that goes!

Thanks,

Jaime

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘Single event layout with sidebar’ is closed to new replies.