Since the most recent upgrades, a weird URL appears at the top of ticket pages:

Home Forums Ticket Products Event Tickets Plus Since the most recent upgrades, a weird URL appears at the top of ticket pages:

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 27 total)
  • Author
    xg5tat
    Participant
    Barry

Indeed, very strange. I’m not sure this is specific to WooTickets though as it also happens on your main events page:

http://cinemapurgatorio.com/events/

Is it possible that you upgraded WooTickets without also upgrading The Events Calendar (and indeed any other Modern Tribe event plugins you have installed) so that they are all up-to-date and in synch?

xg5tat
    Participant

I upgraded everything that has been suggested as an update.
    Wootickets 2.0.1
    Events Calendar 3.0
    Woocommerce 2.0.12

Barry

OK, I can only assume it’s because of a conflict somewhere along the line. Can you:

* Deactivate all plugins except for those by Modern Tribe
    * Switch to a default, unmodified theme such as Twenty Twelve
    * Test to see if the problem is still present/has been resolved
    * If so, reactivate everything one step at a time until (if) the problem comes back
    * At the point where the problem returns, make a note of the last component you activated

xg5tat
    Participant

Thanks for the reply.

My site receives too much traffic to do that right now.

Why would this be happening otherwise?

Barry

You may have a plugin (or there may be code in your theme) that filters posts titles in some ‘unconventional’ manner – and that may not mesh well with our plugin.

IF your site is too busy can you do this from within (and setup if necessary, perhaps in a subdirectory) a testing installation?

xg5tat
    Participant

I just deactivated and reactivated everything.

When I reactivated the Woocommerce plugin the odd link came back.

xg5tat
    Participant

I also appear to have lost all my custom css…

Barry

OK, were you able to determine if it also occured with WooCommerce activated, but your theme deactivated – in other words, with The Events Calendar, WooTickets, WooCommerce and Twenty Twelve running (but nothing else)?

Sorry to hear you hit a problem with your custom CSS. Are you referring to something you set up through your theme settings or do you mean any custom events CSS that you may have set up?

xg5tat
    Participant

All of the custom css for my theme is lost.

Now I have two problems, not one.

Barry

I’m not sure how that custom CSS for your theme was set up and don’t indeed know what theme you are using, but I would be surprised if it literally disappeared – perhaps a setting was dropped and you can reactivate it somehow?

It’s definitely always worth backing up in case of issues like this and of course closely following the instructions for any other themes and plugins that you are using.

xg5tat
    Participant

This is really frustrating.

I’m becoming less and less convinced that wootickets is the solution I was looking for, and on which I have unfortunately invested a fair amount of time and effort. It’s inherently a Frankenstein solution, and something breaks whenever something else is improved.

I can’t spend more time on this right now. Hopefully Wootickets fixes its problems and doesn’t display random URLs on the pages for which I bought it.

xg5tat
    Participant

The issue does not appear when 2012 is used.

But the theme I use has not updated. It’s wootickets and events manager that has updated. Therefore, it’s because of wootickets and events manager that I am having the problem.

Please fix it.

Thank you.

xg5tat
    Participant

The issue is within the

Is that class custom to wootickets, or is it general to woocommerce, and If I block it with custom css, will I have further problems?

Ideally, though, you will fix the plugin so that neither I nor anyone else has this problem.

Barry

Can you confirm which theme you are using, and if possible post a download link (you could do this as a private message if it is a premium theme, and use a service such as droplr.com or even just upload it to your site via the media library).

We’re definitely interested in helping – but we do need to narrow down the problem first of all – hence the troubleshooting steps. So thanks for running through those: we can now look into this in more depth.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 27 total)
  • The topic ‘Since the most recent upgrades, a weird URL appears at the top of ticket pages:’ is closed to new replies.