simplepress function conflict

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO simplepress function conflict

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    steven
    Participant

I get the conflict below when installing the simplepress forum plugin Is it possible that I dont need the tags in template-tags-deprecated.php and that theres a way I can uncouple this file from the events calendar pro plugin?

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare sp_get_option() (previously declared in /home/searts/public_html/wp/wp-content/plugins/the-events-calendar/lib/template-tags-deprecated.php:215) in /home/searts/public_html/wp/wp-content/plugins/simple-press/sp-api/sp-api-primitives.php on line 98

Barry

Hi Steven!

These are left in place for backwards compatibility with older, third-party code. However, you should be able to remove them without too much difficulty – just be aware that you would need to repeat this process for future updates (if they are still present in future releases).

One approach would simply be to comment out sp_ prefixed functions: http://pastebin.com/5bEFuQjh

Does that help you here? Of course, if this caused any problems you would need to uncomment them again.

Barry

Just to add – I’ve asked for feedback from the devs as to whether these functions will continue to be included (as they have anyway been deprecated) or if they remain to see if it is possible to have an upgrade-friendly way of “turning them off”.

Barry

At this point, we’re looking at incorporating some changes in the next maintenance release that ought to help you out here.

steven
    Participant

Thanks Barry – what might be the timing do you know

Barry

Assuming it makes the next monthly maintenance release then, well, it shouldn’t be more than one month away – however I can’t give any absolute guarantees here, unfortunately.

Rob

Hey again Steven. Just a heads up that we are hoping to get this into the next monthly release, coming over the next week or two. No guarantees but based on our testing so far it is looking good.

steven
    Participant

This is circling around on my to do list again – was this fix incorporated into the current update.

Thanks

Barry

Hi Steven – yes a change was made. What you would need to do (if you are using 2.0.10) is define a new constant – within wp-config.php is a good place, like this:

define('TRIBE_DISABLE_DEPRECATED_TAGS', true);

That should prevent the deprecated functions (such as The Event Calendar’s old sp_* functions) from being defined. Let me know how you get on!

Barry

Hi Steven: are you happy here / do you need any further support?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • The topic ‘simplepress function conflict’ is closed to new replies.