Simple recurrence, where you choose your dates and times, or Duplicate the event

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Simple recurrence, where you choose your dates and times, or Duplicate the event

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Henrik
    Participant

Hi

My wife does christmas decoration workshops. And I use Events Calendar + wootickets for that.

She runs a workshop Monday, then Friday, then Sunday, then Wednesday then 2 weeks later one thursday night.

It is the same workshop, but it has different days and timeslots.

This has always been a pain to setup in all Events plugins. I have tried them all, and each plugin tries to have som automatic definition of recurrence. But I can’t solve everything that falls out of a regular schedule.

I simply need a simple way to create recurrence on specific dates / times.. Thats it.

Each year I have ended up with creating duplicated posts of the events to be able to have users sign up for the specific event.

Last year I decided to not renew my license, because I can make a bette solution by simply using custom post types. But I have not had time to implement this, and she needs to sell her workshops now.

So I ended up renewing my license, and update the plugins, and the language files. Only to discover that it has still not been made possible to have real custom recurrence.

So I am back to creating duplicated event content. BUT now I can’t simply duplicate an event.

So how do you make an easy copy of your event in events calendar pro with wootickets? There is not a simple duplicate option on the event list? Do I have to manually enter the copies?

Cristina
    Participant

Me tooo! I would need this option as well! 🙂

thanks!
    crisitna

George
    Participant

Hey Henrik,

Thanks for reaching out!

Before we even get into event recurrence, one thing I wanted to make clear is that WooCommerce Tickets does not support recurrence. You cannot create tickets on an event, save that event as a recurring event, and then just have the tickets be auto-generated for each of the recurring events. An event has to be a standalone event, i.e. not part of a recurring series, to work with our ticketing add-ons like WooCommerce Tickets.

Does this alone make or break things for you?

If not, and you’re still interested in recurrence, then let’s take the example you gave:

She runs a workshop Monday, then Friday, then Sunday, then Wednesday then 2 weeks later one thursday night.

Does this pattern repeat every 4 weeks, or every 2 weeks for example?

Let’s say for example it happens every 4 weeks. Well, then you can create one event for the first Monday of every month, and have it recur every month. Then you can do this for the first Friday of every month, first Sunday and first Wednesday of every month, and then the third Thursday of every month. So five events that happen the same time every month, five events that will recur infinitely.

If that pattern (Monday, Friday, Sunday, Wednesday, 2 weeks later Thursday) repeats, then the solution above would work to have them all generated automatically. As a given event approaches, you can use the “Break from series” link to break the given event from its recurrence series, thus making it a standalone event while preserving all the other upcoming events in its series; and so this lets you add tickets to this event 🙂 Here’s a screenshot of this “break from series” link for reference.

If that pattern (Monday, Friday, Sunday, Wednesday, 2 weeks later Thursday) does not repeat, then the closest you can get with our recurrence rules is what is shown in this screenshot:

I used arrows and text overlay on the screenshot to help explain things, so please view the screenshot in its full size here → https://cldup.com/EoENUzixJm-1200×1200.png

I really hope this all helps! 😀

Let me know what you think @Henrik,

George

Support Droid
    Keymaster

This topic has not been active for quite some time and will now be closed.

If you still need assistance please simply open a new topic (linking to this one if necessary)
    and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘Simple recurrence, where you choose your dates and times, or Duplicate the event’ is closed to new replies.