Simple calendar and links

Home Forums Welcome! Pre-Sales Questions Simple calendar and links

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    John Grusd

Hi. I’m not technically oriented so I need to know whether this calendar fits my rather simple needs. I want to use the traditional monthly calendar format that shows the whole month and days of the week. I want anyone accessing the calendar to be able to click on the calendar item and either (1) have a full description of the calendar item with a link to Meetup or (2) have it link directly to a Meetup page that will have the description. The person accessing the calendar should be able to scroll from month to month.

I need it to be that straight forward and easy to use for the viewer. I also need it to be easy to add calendar items.

Can “The Events Calendar” do that?

Courtney

Hi John

You can see the features of The Events Calendar in action on WP Shindig Demo Site https://wpshindig.com/events/. (We have many more features turned on on this Demo site than the free TEC plugin offers). You can link individual events to outside sources, like Meetup. Install The Events Calendar and try it out; it’s free. In the event editor screen, look for EVENT WEBSITE > URL.

Do notice our other plugin: Event Aggregator can integrate by importing Meetup events.

Is there anything else I can help you with?

Thanks
    Courtney 🙂

John Grusd

Hi Courtney :),

Thanks for the info but yes, I\’d like to see the free plugin calendar
    working without the extras. I need to start there to really understand its
    capabilities without guessing what the extras are.
    Thanks,
    jg

Courtney

Hey John

To see the free plugin The Events Calendar in action, please add it to a website you’ve created. If you don’t want to add it to a live site, you could use a tool like https://local.getflywheel.com/ to install WordPress locally to test it out.

Thanks
    Courtney 🙂

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Simple calendar and links’ is closed to new replies.