Signups when Event tickets plus is installed?

Home Forums Welcome! Pre-Sales Questions Signups when Event tickets plus is installed?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Ben
    Participant

Can I choose to use the easier signup method with just name and email for selected events even when Events tickets plus is installed?

Geoff

Howdy Ben,

Yes, that is absolutely correct. Name and email are the two default fields for both Event Tickets and Event Tickets Plus right out of the box, though Plus allows you to add more fields, if you’d like.

It’s worth noting that once someone has selected how many tickets they want, they will need to go through a purchase screen and the fields on that depend on the e-commerce plugin (e.g. WooCommerce) you are using with Plus. That process will most certainly ask the user for a credit card and billing address as well on a different screen from the event.

Does this help answer your question? Please let me know. 🙂

Cheers!
    Geoff

Ben
    Participant

Hello again,

Please clarify.

>once someone has selected how many tickets they want, they will need to go through a >purchase screen and the fields on that depend on the e-commerce plugin (e.g. >WooCommerce) you are using with Plus.

I want to use Events tickets plus but can I avoid going through the purchase screen for tickets with no cost? I have a ticket cost for some events and just sign-ups for other events and I’d like to avoid going through the whole WooCommerce checkout process for the sign-up events. Is this possible?

Thanks,

Ben

Geoff

Hi Ben,

I’m afraid that the e-commerce plugins that are integrated with Event Tickets Plus all require going through a purchase, even if there is no cost. Otherwise, the e-commerce plugin would not be able to process the order. Event Tickets and Plus ask for the name and email address as a means of knowing where to email the ticket.

Does this help clarify things a bit?

Thanks!
    Geoff

Ben
    Participant

Not really. I’m asking if the Event Tickets plugin can take care of certain events and the Events Ticket Plus plugin can take care of other plugins. But I guess I will have to try myself..

Thanks anyway

Ben

Geoff

Hi Ben,

Thanks for clarifying! That makes a lot more sense an sorry I did not completely follow.

Yes, you can use the basic RSVP functionality of Event Tickets and paid tickets functionality of Event Tickets Plus separately, both on different events or even within the same event itself. That indeed would allow you to avoid a checkout process for certain tickets.

I hope this does a better job of answering your question.

Cheers and happy Friday,
    Geoff

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The topic ‘Signups when Event tickets plus is installed?’ is closed to new replies.