Significant Events Calendar Pro

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Significant Events Calendar Pro

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    cshandrow
    Participant

I have been user for several years and am having some significant problems with The Events Calendar Pro and iCal importer. We just had our website updated and WordPress theme changed to DIVI, and the problems with the Events are very frustrating. Here they are below in no specific order:

1. When I go to Edit Events, the Title column width only allows for 5 characters which squashes my event titles and makes them impossible to read or scroll through (image attached).

2. When I go to my events page in list format it shows me 5 events before hitting the bottom and giving me the “Next Events” button. This takes me to a page that says I have no more events, when there are more events scheduled. Then when I hit the previous events button to go back to the original events page it shows every single event we have scheduled, including recurring events we have on our calendar. They weren’t on the page before until I hit next and then previous.

3. I cannot get a specific iCal feed to import correctly. When I input it into the importer it finishes and says that it imports just fine, but when I look at my events calendar nothing has changed. The feed I am working with is: webcal://compassbn.ccbchurch.com/w_calendar_sub.ics

4. My events page in list format is set to be a column in such a way that it only takes up half the page. It didn’t do that until I recently updated the plug in.

I have tried deactivating all the other plugins, but that didn’t. I tried to switch to a different Theme, but that didn’t help (I don’t have the 2014 default theme recommended by support in my dashboard). I will share whatever code I need to in order to have this plugin work to the potential I have always hoped that it would. Since I am not well versed in code it is difficult for me to understand what is happening or how to fix it beyond what I can find in forums, and I can’t seem to find much help there. Please help!

Andras
    Keymaster

Hi cshandrow,

Thanks for going pro and welcome to the forums!

I’m sorry you are having issues, I’m more than happy to help you solve them. Let’s go one-by-one.

1. When I go to Edit Events, the Title column width only allows for 5 characters which squashes my event titles and makes them impossible to read or scroll through (image attached).

That is indeed a frustrating one. Comes from the too many columns visible. There’s an easy fix for this with our free Advanced Post Manager plugin. This will by default not let the Title column break into too many rows and you can choose which columns you want visible.

2. When I go to my events page in list format it shows me 5 events before hitting the bottom and giving me the “Next Events” button. This takes me to a page that says I have no more events, when there are more events scheduled. Then when I hit the previous events button to go back to the original events page it shows every single event we have scheduled, including recurring events we have on our calendar. They weren’t on the page before until I hit next and then previous.

This is a Divi thing. (Great theme, I also use it a lot.) Go to Divi > Theme Options > General tab and set the Number of Posts displayed on Archive pages to the number you want to show on the starting page on the list view. I reco to set this to the same number as you have in Events > Settings > Number of events to show per page.

3. I cannot get a specific iCal feed to import correctly.

Can you share with me a screenshot of the settings you use when you are importing?

4. My events page in list format is set to be a column in such a way that it only takes up half the page. It didn’t do that until I recently updated the plug in.

Add the following snippet to your theme’s style.css file or paste it into Divi > Theme Options > General tab > Custom CSS box:
    .tribe-events-loop .tribe-events-content { width:100%;}
    This should fix it.

Let me know if this fixes your problems or if you have any follow-up questions on any of these.

Cheers,
    Andras

cshandrow
    Participant

Thanks for your help, Andras! Two of the problems were fixed. Here are the numbers I still needed hope with:

3. Somehow the other changes you had me do fixed my problem with the import. The only problem I have is that it changes the time of my event by one hour. Is there a time zone setting I can use to adjust for that?

4. I added the CSS code but it didn’t seem to work to spread out my events. Below is a screen cap of what it looks like. Any ideas? Also, is there a way to get a header on my Events page through Events Calendar Pro?

Thanks a ton!

Andras
    Keymaster

Hello agian cshandrow,

#3.

I was testing the link you sent I managed to import events only, when I clicked on Import all. I couldn’t import events one-by-one or selecting only some. I will still do some testing to find out if it’s the feed that causes the hickup or if it is our plugin.

If you try to import all, then be prepared for some waiting time. It took me about 5 mins to get the import finished.

#4.

This might be coming from Divi. I looked at your code and it looks like as if there would want to be a right column, like a sidebar, but it’s not there.

Try this setting: Events > Settings > Display > Events template > Default Events Template

(I believe this is set now to Default Page Template 😉 )

I ask for a bit of patience with #3.

And let me know how #4 works out.

Cheers,
    Andras

Andras
    Keymaster

So, I did some further testing with several different calendar feeds. Some were importing as they should, some not.

I’m afraid that lies somewhere in the formatting of the feed. We have a bug ticket open for it, I just added this thread to it for further emphasis.

Until then you can try if clicking the Import all does the trick for you. You could set the Import status to Draft or give them a separate category to be able to look through them faster later.

I hope this helps at least a bit.

Let me know if you have any follow up questions.

Cheers,
    Andras

cshandrow
    Participant

I changed the Display settings to Default Event Template and while it didn’t make the list fill the screen it centered it, which is actually fine. I like the aesthetics of it a lot.

I appreciate your help on the import issue, and it looks like I am able to import now like I couldn’t before. I don’t know if some of the other changes I made kicked something loose, but it is good now. I just have a couple other quick questions for you – and I SO APPRECIATE your help.

1. Is it possible for an image to be imported as the featured image in a feed? My iCal feed has images but they don’t get pulled over with the rest of the feed.

2. Is there a way in the code to keep certain elements from importing? My iCal feed has a space for the group the event is for, but I don’t want that to show up in my calendar.

Thank you SO much for your help!!!!

Andras
    Keymaster

Hello cshandrow,

You are very welcome! I’m happy your site starts working the way you want it!

I’ll check for the other 2 questions and will get back to you on that. I ask for a bit of patience.

Thanks and cheers,
    Andras

Andras
    Keymaster

Hi cshandrow and thanks for your patience!

I have checked and unfortunately with the current plugins none of the 2 features are possible. I’m sorry.

If you think that is something you would like as a feature I encourage you to visit our User Voice Page and either upvote an existing request or make a new request there.

Let me know if you have any follow up questions.

Cheers,
    Andras

Support Droid
    Keymaster

This topic has not been active for quite some time and will now be closed.

If you still need assistance please simply open a new topic (linking to this one if necessary)
    and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The topic ‘Significant Events Calendar Pro’ is closed to new replies.