Sidebars and Widgets

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Sidebars and Widgets

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    rachelshome
    Participant

I just installed Pro. I was using Event Calendar 1.6.4 with some jury-rigged code to do recursive events.
    For the most part, I like the new version; but, I do have a couple of issues with it.
    1. I am using the Genesis Framework from StudioPress with the simple sidebars plugin and the Dynamic Content Gallery. The event post page does not have the widgets for the Dynamic Content Gallery or the Side-bar Selection. How do I include them?
    2. How do I add post tags to events?

John

Hi Rachel,

1. I’m not familiar with the plugins you are describing, can you describe what should happen that is not?

2. You’ll have to add the tags taxonomy to the tribe_events post type in your functions.php. Once you are linking them you would have to do template overrides to actually display them.

See http://codex.wordpress.org/Function_Reference/register_taxonomy_for_object_type

rachelshome
    Participant

The Dynamic Content Gallery is basically a rotating banner. On the standard post edit screen, there is a widget on the right side where you specify the path to the image that you want to use in the rotating ad banner to link to your post.

See http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/dynamic-content-gallery-plugin/

I’m not going to worry about the sidebars. I just decided to use a different default template for my event posts. I chose one without sidebars.

Support Droid
    Keymaster

This topic has not been active for quite some time and will now be closed.

If you still need assistance please simply open a new topic (linking to this one if necessary)
    and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘Sidebars and Widgets’ is closed to new replies.