Sidebar Widget Recurring Events issue Followup

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Sidebar Widget Recurring Events issue Followup

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Joanna Shebson
    Participant

Regarding this ticket https://tri.be/support/forums/topic/sidebar-widget-recurring-events-issue/#post-379250

In the calendar widget in the sidebar, all dates get highlighted when the field remains unchecked in the Settings: “Recurring event instances: Show only the first instance of each recurring event (only affects list-style views).”
    Although it says it will only affect list-style view, it seems to be affecting the sidebar calendar widget. Ultimately what we want is:
    Calendar widget in sidebar: show recurring event instances
    List-view: Don’t show recurring event instances.

You mentioned that you could contact the dev team to see how I could resolve this issue. That would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Josh
    Participant

Hello funinjerusalem,

Thanks for reaching out to us!

I looked into this issue for you and one approach you could take to get what you’re looking for would be to leave the “Recurring event instances” option unchecked and then checking the option below to allow users to toggle display of recurring event instances.

You could then follow the Themer’s Guide to modify that view to automatically have that option selected on the front end of your site.

I’m sorry I wasn’t able to give you a direct response however I hope this was able to point you in the right direction.

Thanks!

Joanna Shebson
    Participant

I don’t have the options in those screenshots you sent because I’m using an older version of the plugin: 3.5.2 because we made substantial changes and upgrading broke things. http://screencast.com/t/ODeOURCtqLc

Can you suggest a different way to do this? Which files to modify? Any hints on how to modify… Thanks!

Josh
    Participant

Hello funinjerusalem,

Thanks for following up with us!

Unfortunately we are only able to support the latest versions of our plugins. Since we fix bugs and add new features with each release, it would be impossible to continue to support the old versions of the plugins.

You do have a couple of options though.

1. You could look back at our Themer’s Guide and compare to the way your current customizations are handled. You could then fix the customizations so that updating the plugin would again be possible.
    2. You can take a look at the latest version of our plugin and piece together how the features in the previous suggestion are added. You can then add them in the same way as your previous customizations.

I apologize for the inconvenience but there isn’t much more that I can help with in using the older versions of our plugins. I’ll go ahead and close this ticket. If you have any further questions, please don’t hesitate to open a new one.

Thanks!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘Sidebar Widget Recurring Events issue Followup’ is closed to new replies.