Sidebar Not Appearing

Home Forums Calendar Products Community Events Sidebar Not Appearing

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Mark Gorman
    Participant

I am having an issue with the side bar showing up on all event pages.

http://www.ohiooutside.com/events/

Any thoughts on what might cause this. I did try different tempaltes as well.

Brian
    Keymaster

Hi,

Thanks for using our plugin. I can try to help out here, but we are limited in supporting theme compatibility issues.

Our Event Views (month, list, map, etc) are setup as Archives in WordPress does you theme have a setting to change sidebars for there or a global setting?

The other option is to follow our themer’s guide and code in a sidebar:

https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/themers-guide/

What theme are you using and who develops it?

Let me know if you have any follow up questions.

Thanks

Mark Gorman
    Participant

I am using a theme called Presso. Even if I go back to the default theme there is still no sidebar.

Brian
    Keymaster

I think you said you already tried this, but this is how to change the event template.

Events > Settings > Display Tab

Then change this setting:

Events Template to Default Page Template

A sidebar would not show on any theme if you are using the Default Event Template.

Mark Gorman
    Participant

Brian,

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you. I looked at this also. I went into widgets, made sure I had widgets set on all sidebars (incase it was pulling the blog bar) and nothing.

Any other thoughts? I also viewed the page source and it is not showing the content (double checking css was not hiding it).

thanks, mark

Brian
    Keymaster

Hi,

I am not sure. I have not used that theme before and not sure how it works.

Does it have layout settings for the archives?

Have you contacted the theme developer and see if they can help and we could meet in the middle?

Mark Gorman
    Participant

Brian,

I am not getting anything out of the site developer. I guess if you can give me some direction as to how the events calendar selects template files I can look at the code there.

So basically what ever my default page template is in wordpress the calendar will select? Is there a way to add an additional page?

My guy instinct here is that the “default template page” is a full width page?

Mark

Mark Gorman
    Participant

Brian,

I spent an hour or so looking through the template files and it looks like default-template.php controls the events calendar pages. I added in the line <?php get_sidebar(); ?> and the side bar appears on the list view, events page, etc.

The issue now is that the events are 100% wide, and the sidebar falls below the events. I tried putting the sidebar before and after the closing div </div> <!– #tribe-events-pg-template –>

I am not seeing any css for div id tribe-events-pg-template.

Any additional thoughts here? I feel like I am in the home stretch.

Thanks, Mark

Brian
    Keymaster

HI Mark,

Glad it is moving forward.

You would have to add new css to shrink the size of the tribe-events-pg-template div.

Something like this might work:

#tribe-events-pg-template {
    width: 66.6667%;
    float:left;
    min-height: 1px;
    padding-left: 15px;
    padding-right: 15px;
    position: relative;
    }

Add that css to your theme’s stylesheet or through a plugin such as Simple Custom CSS.

Support Droid
    Keymaster

This topic has not been active for quite some time and will now be closed.

If you still need assistance please simply open a new topic (linking to this one if necessary)
    and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • The topic ‘Sidebar Not Appearing’ is closed to new replies.