Sidebar in Goodlayers theme

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Sidebar in Goodlayers theme

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    stephenodonn
    Participant

I am building a new site with The Keynote theme from Goodlayers. The site will handle multiple events throughout the year, and in multiple locations throughout the globe. My biggest initial challenge devising a logical menu structure so that each event can have it’s own Program, Speakers, Tickets and Accomodation pages immediately accessible from the Calendar Custom Post for each event.

My preference for multiple events is The Events Calendar from Modern Tribe, but for some reason cannot get a sidebar to display on event pages/posts. This sidebar is essential to then display links to speakers, event program, venue details etc.

I’d really appreciate it if someone could help me insert the Goodlayers sidebar code into the Events Calendar Page Template. (or indeed any default sidebar).

http://themeforest.net/item/the-keynote-conference-meeting-wordpress-theme/9718856?

My build site for testing is http://twittah.co.uk/ Please feel free to reply here or make contact via [EMAIL REMOVED]

• This topic was modified 9 years, 2 months ago by Geoff.
    • This topic was modified 9 years, 2 months ago by Geoff. Reason: Removed email address
    Geoff

Hi there, Stephen! Welcome to the forums and thanks for getting in touch. 🙂

Good question. You can add sidebars to the events pages in two ways:

1. Use a different template for the calendar. If you head to Events > Settings > Display, there is an “Events template” option that allows you to choose a page template from your theme to use as the template for events. You can select a template from your theme that includes the sidebar you want to use and save your settings.
    2. Modify the default events template. You can add the widget area of your choice directly to the events template by overriding the default-template.php file (located at /plugins/the-events-calendar/views/default-template.php). There’s more on how how to override calendar templates in our Themer’s Guide–I’d highly suggest reading this prior to customizing any templates.

Please let me know if you have any follow-up questions and I’d be happy to help. 🙂

Cheers!
    Geoff

Geoff

Hey there, Stephen! Just checking in to see if you had any follow-up questions here about adding a sidebar to your template–please let me know. 🙂

Geoff

stephenodonn
    Participant

Hi Geoff, thanks for following up.

I managed to get the theme developers, Goodlayers, to provide me with a suitably edited single-event.php file.

I have added it here, as directed, and it works perfectly.

http://twittah.co.uk/themes/thekeynote-v1-02/tribe-events/single-event.php

I’d be more than happy to share the file for other Goodlayers users to benefit from.

Thanks again.

Geoff

Awesome–thanks for following up and sharing! That will certainly be helpful for others who come across the same thing.

I’ll go ahead and close this out for now, but please feel free to start a new thread if any other questions pop up and we’d be happy to help.

Cheers,
    Geoff

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Sidebar in Goodlayers theme’ is closed to new replies.