Side widget and month view

Home Forums Welcome! Pre-Sales Questions Side widget and month view

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Jason

Hello! First off, love the calendar, i use it on other websites I manage. I was curious, is there a way to display Certain Events, or event categories on the widget, and then display all events on the calendar, in lets say the “Events” section which has the monthly view? We want to highlight “Special” events on the home page, but still maintain a weekly calendar for our regular customers to view.

George
    Participant

Hey Jason,

As far as I know, what you’re looking for is currently not possible with the free version of The Events Calendar, unless you to manually write code that filters the WP_Query used for the Events List widget that’s included with the plugin.

However, these things should be very simple to do PRO. Basically, if your theme has a page template with a sidebar, just make sure the “Events Template” option in “Events > Settings > Display” in your admin is set to one of these templates with a sidebar. This way, you’ll be able to add widgets alongside the calendar.

Once you’ve ensured that, you can then just drag the PRO “Events Calendar” widget to that sidebar – it has filtering capabilities by default, as you can see in this screenshot → https://cloudup.com/cE82grb6Kf8

This will not affect the display of the events over in the “main” calendar next to it at all.

I hope this helps, cheers.

George

Jason

This reply is private.

George
    Participant

Hey Jason,

If you having just one category displaying in “The List”, you mean the List Widget, then yes, you can have on category there while keeping all the other categories displaying unfiltered in your main “Month” calendar grid.

George
    Participant

Hey Jason,

This issue’s been sitting here a while so I’m going to go ahead and close it for now – if other issues arise, don’t hesitate to come back and open a new ticket, and if you need to open a new ticket about the same issues you originally brought up here, please share a link to this original ticket so we can pick up where we left off.

Cheers
    !george

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Side widget and month view’ is closed to new replies.