Shows 'Unlimited Availability' even when capacity is chosen and set

Home Forums Ticket Products Event Tickets Plus Shows 'Unlimited Availability' even when capacity is chosen and set

• This topic has 0 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by Michele Justin.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Michele Justin
    Participant

Gday Support

I have Tickets Plus, latest release 4.6.1.1, Events Calendar latest release, WordPress 4.9, and Enfold 4.11

The frontend and aspects of the backend show ‘Unlimited Availability’ even when capacity is chosen and set to a positive number.

I’m wondering have I misunderstood how to set capacity, or is this a bug?

Here is a screencast of the issue: Shows ‘Unlimited Availability’ even when capacity is chosen and set: https://screencast.com/t/PV2cuvR54gPi

cheers
    Darryl

Victor
    Keymaster

Hey Darryl!

Thanks for taking your time to report this and for sharing the screencast to demonstrate the issue.

Unfortunately, we are aware of this issue that results in Unlimited Availability showing up regardless of the ticket capacity.

I will set this thread’s status to “Pending fix” and link it to the bug report. It will be addressed in one of our next maintenance releases of our plugins. We will notify you as soon as a bug fix is released.

The issue is being caused by two possible reasons:

• The Stock Management is not enabled in WooCommerce (WooCommerce > Settings > Products > Inventory > Enable stock management). Or:
    • After making an Independent Capacity ticket, you manually uncheck the Manage Stock? option for the ticket product in WooCommerce. (see image below)

In the meantime, the workaround for this would be to enable the stock management in WooCommerce.

I apologise for the inconvenience and we appreciate your patience in the meantime.

Best,
    Victor

Michele Justin
    Participant

Gday Victor

that’s reassurring, thank you.

Re the interim fix, I applied it, and it seems to set the figure correctly when viewing individual products. However, when viewing the list of ‘All Events’ in the frontend, the figure supplied is vastly different to the one that is set.

For example, all our tickets allows 24 capacity. in the frontend, some, but ot all, incorrectly advertise that there are 44 available…asper this screencast: https://screencast.com/t/pWOTIpbT

Have you seen that issue before?

cheers
    Darryl (for Michele)

Victor
    Keymaster

Hi Darryl!

Thanks for following up with this.

It’s good to know that enabling the stock management worked out for you.

As for the capacity being wrong in the list view, the only scenario where this could be happening is that you have set a shared capacity for that event and your ticket has an individual capacity.

Could you please verify this by going to the edit event screen and clicking on the Settings button? If you have a shared set higher than zero and the ticket has individual capacity, then this two will be accounted for the total event capacity in the list view.

I can see this could be a bit confusing when setting up tickets, so I will reach out to the team to get a second opinion and see if it’s intended behaviour and if we can do anything to prevent this.

Please let me know if that works out for you.

Thanks,
    Victor

Hi There!

Just wanted to share with you that a new release of our plugins is out, including a fix for this issue 🙂

Find out more about this release —> https://theeventscalendar.com/maintenance-release-week-25-march-2018/

Please update the plugins and let us know if the fix works for your site.

Best,
    Jaime

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘Shows 'Unlimited Availability' even when capacity is chosen and set’ is closed to new replies.