Showing full-size images in event lists

Home Forums Calendar Products Event Aggregator Showing full-size images in event lists

• This topic has 5 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by Colin Carmichael.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Colin Carmichael
    Participant

I would like to show the full-size (ie: 720px) in my event lists rather than the smaller 300px version that is shown by default. How can I do this?

Colin Carmichael
    Participant

I really need to fix this issue before I fully launch this site… how do I manipulate the HTML output? Even better than bringing in the full-res image, I’d like to float the img within the text, but since they’re in sibling DIVs, I can’t do it with CSS alone.

You can see what I’m dealing with here: http://huron.buzz

Geoff B.

Good evening Colin and welcome back!

Thank you for reaching out to us.
    I would love to help you with this topic.

It looks like your specific WordPress theme is trying to force the medium sized thumbnails.

There are a couple of things to do to fix that:

1. Cheat by changing the medium size in WP admin media settings (i.e.: 720px) and regenerating the thumbnails. This will do the trick, but it will also impact any other medium sized image on your website.
    2. Force the full-size image as part of a template override (custom view). You might want to read our Themer’s guide to get a sense of how that works.

Could you please send me a copy of the latest version of your WordPress theme / child theme via a link to a .zip file link (stored Dropbox or Google Drive) so that I can run some tests on my end ? I recommend a private reply for that purpose.

Please ensure you are using the latest files as found on your actual website.
    This way I will get access to any updates or customizations you might have made.

Let me know if that helps.

Have a great day!

Geoff B.

Colin Carmichael
    Participant

Geoff,

Thanks for the help!! I somehow hadn’t found that themers guide so I think that will get me what I need. Thanks again for pointing me in the right direction!

Geoff B.

Good evening Colin,

I am glad that helped.

Basically you can tweak pretty much any view and div exactly to your liking this way.

You are welcome back in our support forums any time 🙂

For now, I am going to close this thread.

Have a great week!

Geoff B.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Showing full-size images in event lists’ is closed to new replies.