Showing Event Date (from a series) on the New Order email and shopping cart page

Home Forums Ticket Products Event Tickets Plus Showing Event Date (from a series) on the New Order email and shopping cart page

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Patrick
    Participant

Hello,

Is there a way to show the series event date on the New Order emails and on the shopping cart page?

I saw that there is a way to customize the New Order email with information in the post meta from the order but I don’t see anything with the date on it. I even saw an older forum post where you said to look for the “_tribe_wooticket_for_event” but I don’t see that in any of the orders meta. So how could we get this info into the New Order emails?

Also, we have a similar need for the shopping cart page for series events… basically because we can’t create unique names for tickets in an event series, we need a way to distinguish one ticket from another in the cart because people are getting confused which ticket corresponds to which show.

Thanks for your help with these issues… and great plugin! 🙂

Patrick

Hi Patrick,

We’re so glad to hear that you are enjoying our plugin so far, thanks for reaching out!

There is a way to show the series event date on the New Order emails.  You can add a code snippet to your functions.php file to help you achieve this.  This article can walk you through the steps: https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/adding-the-event-date-to-ticket-emails/

As far as the Shopping Cart page goes, the following article can walk you through how to show the event title in the WooCommerce cart page: https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/show-the-event-title-in-the-cart-next-to-the-ticket/

You can modify the code snippet based on the information that you’d like to see listed on the cart page.

Let me know how it goes and if you have any additional questions on this topic!

Thanks,

Jaime

Patrick
    Participant

Hi Jamie,

Thanks for the helpful links… although we were are to get an event date to show up on the email and in the cart, it is unfortunately only showing the date of the 1st event in the series. And when someone tries to add a ticket from the 2nd event in the series, it is makes it seem like they added the wrong ticket to the cart which is creating a lot of confusion and loss of ticket sales.

So.. how do we get it to display the actual date of an event in a series and not just the date of the first event?

Thank you,

Partick

Hi Patrick,

Thanks for the update!

I understand that you are only seeing the date of the 1st event in the series with this snippet.  This code does print the start date of the event, which may be why you are seeing what you are seeing.  You are welcome to modify that snippet as you see fit.  You can replace tribe_get_start_datewith another option that may better suit your needs.  Here is some documentation with a few options for how you can display the date: https://theeventscalendar.com/?s=get_date&submit=Search&post_type%5B%5D=wp-parser-function&post_type%5B%5D=wp-parser-hook

I’d love to continue to help you as much as possible, though we are limited with customizations by our support policy: https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/what-support-is-provided-for-license-holders/

Let me know how it goes!

Thanks,

Jaime

Patrick
    Participant

Hi Jamie,

I looked at the link you posted, but I don’t see how tribe_get_date_option, tribe_get_datetime_separator, tribe_get_datetime_format, or tribe_get_date_format functions apply to what we are trying to accomplish.

And I understand your support policy… but am I correct in thinking that there is a function that would display the actual date of an event in a series? I would think that it would be possible because it shows up on the ticket sent to the customer, or is this information not available from the cart because of the way you integrated with WooCommerce?

I would think this is a feature would be useful to your other customers, we originally also thought that it was not necessary to show the date in the cart but we immediately started getting complaints for customers who were buying tickets for both nights… and what about customers who add the first show to their cart and then realize they actually what a ticket for the second show, how would they know which ticket to remove from the cart if they can’t see the actual show dates?

Thank you… we really appreciate your help with this issue.

Best,

Patrick

Hi Patrick,

I’m sorry that the information I provided you with didn’t help you get the results you were looking for.  Just for a bit more context, the reason why ‘tribe_get_start_date’ only prints the first date in the series is because there is an ID assigned to the series, but not to individual events.  The way we have it set up now, all recurring events in a series are linked to one ID.

One other option you have is to set up your recurring events, and then break each of them from the series, so that they become their own events.  This may help you to better identify which events customers are buying tickets for, and may provide less confusion for the customers.

You could also add this idea to our feature requests: https://tribe.uservoice.com/forums/195723-feature-ideas.  We truly appreciate customer feedback and often consider features based on their popularity.

I hope this helps to provide some clarity for you.  Please let me know how it goes!

Thanks,

Jaime

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The topic ‘Showing Event Date (from a series) on the New Order email and shopping cart page’ is closed to new replies.