Show tomorrow's events with tribe_events shortcode

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Show tomorrow's events with tribe_events shortcode

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Adage
    Participant

Hello,

I want to show tomorrow’s events with the tribe_events shortcode ; how may I set “tomorrow” instead of a specific date ?

I’d like to use the photo style to display the results ; how may I set the shortcode in order to limit the results only to one day ?

Thank you very much.

Barry

Hi there, Adage!

I’m afraid neither of the options you are seeking – dynamically specifying ‘tomorrow’ or limiting photo view to show just one day of results – are directly supported by the [tribe_events] shortcode in its current form.

Both make for pretty neat ideas, however, and I would encourage you to propose them on our feature request page:

«You can post your ideas on UserVoice»

If you need a solution in the short term and generally feel pretty comfortable with WordPress development – or you have a developer at your disposal – you will find that our shortcode implementation is really very customizable and offers a large number of hooks.

Should these prove to be insufficient for any reason, a further avenue for enhancements would be to make a ‘wrapper’ shortcode around the existing solution that ships with Events Calendar PRO.

While I hope this provides you with a few ideas, these are really things that we’d need to leave you to explore on your own.

Thanks!

Adage
    Participant

Thank you.
    Where can I find the documentation on shortcodes’ hooks ?
    Thank you.

Barry

Though they are well documented in the source itself (and so the code remains the best place to find things like this) I am afraid to say we don’t currently publish them within theeventscalendar.com‘s technical docs.

In lieu of that, here’s a quick run down of the key actions in this area to get you started:

• tribe_events_pro_tribe_events_shortcode_prepare – general preparation and setup of the query takes place at this point
    • tribe_events_pro_tribe_events_shortcode_prepare_{$view_slug} – view specific preparation happens here
    • tribe_events_pro_tribe_events_shortcode_prepare_view – a further opportunity to interact with the shortcode object happens here
    • tribe_events_pro_tribe_events_shortcode_pre_render – allows content to be injected before the regular shortcode output
    • tribe_events_pro_tribe_events_shortcode_post_render – allows content to be injected after the regular shortcode output

There are also a number of filter hooks:

• tribe_events_pro_tribe_events_shortcode_truthy_values – for attributes like ‘featured’, controls the list of terms that are interpreted as positive values
    • tribe_events_pro_tribe_events_shortcode_output – allows changes to be made to the final output
    • tribe_events_pro_tribe_events_shortcode_wrapper_classes – controls the (CSS) classes applied to the shortcode’s wrapper div

So, for your purposes, tribe_events_pro_tribe_events_shortcode_prepare_view in particular will probably be of interest.

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Show tomorrow's events with tribe_events shortcode’ is closed to new replies.