Show the Date only once

Home Forums Welcome! Pre-Sales Questions Show the Date only once

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    brian

How can I change the this format… 03 October 2017, 11:00 – 03 October 2017, 11:00

to…

03 October 2017 @ 11:00 or 03 October 2017 from 11:00 – 12:00 ??

Since the event is a single day – I would like to only list the month once but I don’t see an option to change it.

Also – the all-day events look like this… 09 August 2017, 00:00 – 09 August 2017, 23:59 (haha – that’s 23 hours and 59 minutes and then it’s over!)
    Again, I don’t see how to change this and I really do not need to list the month and day twice if the event is only for one day – and of course I would like not to list it as 23:59 hours.

thanks!!!

Geoff B.

Good evening Brian and welcome to the Events Calendar forum!

Thank you for your interest in our products.
    We’ll be glad to answer your questions.

This can be accomplished by creating your very own custom views.

You might want to read our Themer’s guide to get a sense of how that works.

Have a good weekend,

Geoff B.

brian

Thanks, but is it possible just to direct me to what files apply to the date format and the output?

I am working with a theme that has already styled your plugin and it’s difficult to understand where everything lives. thanks!!!

Geoff B.

Good evening Brian,

Thank you for writing back.

First off, I would like to apologize for the delay answering.
    We are currently experiencing a higher level of requests than usual.

Please rest assured that we are working hard at correcting this situation.
    We appreciate your patience while we try to normalize things.

I totally appreciate where you are coming from.
    It can take a little while to get acquainted with the structure of our calendar views.

I am not sure if you know, but we do not offer support for our free plugin in this premium add-ons forum.

Our free plugin users can post their questions here: https://wordpress.org/support/plugin/the-events-calendar or perhaps consider the purchase of one of our premium plugins to get access to premium support ?

But, the good news is that you are still welcome to consult this forum to your liking and browse it for solutions, snippets and tutorials.

With that in mind, the date format displayed is found in several files (depending on the view you want to modify). In all cases, you will want to tweak the tribe_events_event_schedule_details function found in /wp-content/plugins/the-events-calendar/src/functions/template-tags/general.php at line 961.

Best regards,

Geoff B.

brian

great! thanks!

if you don’t mind – where can i find the upcoming events / past events bar?
    I just want to comment it out.

that’s my last question, I swear!

thank youuuuuu!!!!!

Geoff B.

Good evening Brian,

I am glad that helped out.

Without a screenshot I am not 100% sure which bar you are referring to (since the code varies between views).

In any case, if I am guessing correctly, you can handle that with CSS.

Try adding the following CSS rule to your style.css file or in your Custom CSS metabox:

#tribe-events-footer .tribe-events-sub-nav, #tribe-events-header .tribe-events-sub-nav {display: none !important}

Best regards,

Geoff B.

brian

thanks! makes sense. works fine!

I removed the header and footer. Will this mess anything else up once I have a lot more of events (in list view)?

Geoff B.

Good evening Brian,

I am glad that helped.

I am not sure exactly how you removed the header and the footer, but if you simply used CSS, the answer is that’s perfect.
    It comes down to personal display preference at that point.

If you used a different method, then if it works well for you now, it will continue to work exactly in the same way as you have more events.

Have a good weekend,

Geoff B.

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The topic ‘Show the Date only once’ is closed to new replies.