Show tags similar to categories

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Show tags similar to categories

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    vicdilu
    Participant

Hi,

It’s possible to use the same view as in categories for the tags?

For example, if you click on a category you will see the events on photo view (the one we have chosen), but if you click on a tag you will see events listed from the newest to the oldest (the same way as the post tags are viewed)

Thanks in adavnce,
    Victor

Nico

Hi there Victor,

Thanks for reaching out to us!

‘Event tags’ are indeed regular ‘post tags’, while ‘Event Categories’ are a custom taxonomy just for events, that’s whey they behave in different ways. Unfortunately there’s no easy way of hooking this up for now but I don’t see this as impossible as well. Crafting this customization for you would be out of our support scope but if you are willing to develop it when can surely assist you.

Please let me know if you are confident with your coding skills and willing to invest some time digging into this,
    Best,
    Nico

PS: if you prefer we can continue in Spanish from now on 🙂

vicdilu
    Participant

Hi Nico,

Thanks for your prompt reply.

I fell more comfy in Spanish, so from now on I will continue in Spanish…

Si que suelo trabajar con PHP y ya he hecho unas cuantos customizaciones para el cliente, como por ejemplo mostrar eventos destacados en la home.

Tengo que valorar el tiempo que me puede llevar y hablarlo con el dueño de la web. Si finalmente tratamos de personalizar la vista de las etiquetas, me pondré de nuevo en contacto con el soporte.

Gracias,
    Víctor

Nico

Hola Victor,

Seguimos en español entonces 🙂

Tal vez la opción mas simple sea ajustar el estilo y maquetado del ‘tag template‘. De esta maner puede parecerse al listado de eventos sin tener que hacer grandes modificaciones. Esta claro que no va a incluir la ‘barra de eventos’, ni las opciones para filtrarlos pero tal vez un look-n-feel similar a la vista ‘foto’ de eventos ya sea un avance.

Si deciden encararlo no dudes en ponerte en contacto con nosotros nuevamente – y si queres podes postear en español la próxima!

Tenes alguna otro duda sobre esto o puedo cerrar este ticket?

Saludos,
    Nico

Support Droid
    Keymaster

This topic has not been active for quite some time and will now be closed.

If you still need assistance please simply open a new topic (linking to this one if necessary)
    and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Show tags similar to categories’ is closed to new replies.