Show related events by CATEGORY, not randomly

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Show related events by CATEGORY, not randomly

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    cityofpasadena
    Participant

I’m modifying related events to show by category. I am using the code snippet following the instructions from a forum post here as follows:

/* Tribe, change related posts arguments */
    function tribe_modify_related_posts_args ( $args ) {
    $args['meta_key'] = '_EventStartDate';
    $args['orderby'] = 'meta_value';
    $args['order'] = 'ASC';
    return $args;
    }
    add_filter( 'tribe_related_posts_args', 'tribe_modify_related_posts_args' );

What is the name of the meta_key to show related events by category, and order them by eventStartDate?

Andras
    Keymaster

Hello there,

Thanks for reaching out to us.

At the moment we are experiencing high traffic in our forums. Our response time might be a bit longer than usual, our apologies for this.

One of our support members will help you out as soon as possible.

Please also note that support for customizations is limited as stated in our support policy.

Thank you for your patience!

Cheers,
    Andras

Thanks so much for reaching out again!

As Andras mentioned, customization support is limited as stated in our support policy, but I’d love to help point you in the right direction.

The following forum post has a snippet that allows only one category to be used for Related Events:

https://theeventscalendar.com/support/forums/topic/can-the-related-events-be-associated-with-a-particular-category/

You can also try using the snippet provided in this forum post about showing Related Events chronologically:

https://theeventscalendar.com/support/forums/topic/chronologically-show-related-events-on-single-event-page/

Let me know how that goes and if you have any other questions on this topic!

Thanks,

Jaime

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘Show related events by CATEGORY, not randomly’ is closed to new replies.