Show past and upcoming events on the same page

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Show past and upcoming events on the same page

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    wowweedesign
    Participant

Hi,

How would I go about showing past and upcoming events on the same page?

We’re using the plugin not only for events but for things such as media releases.

Jonah
    Participant

Hi wowweedesign,

Would you want to show this on the Events List page or on a separate page with a custom query?

– Jonah

wowweedesign
    Participant

Hi Jonah,

On the Events list page and the category list pages too, if you could? Thank you!

Jonah
    Participant

Hi wowweedesign,

Do you want the upcoming and past events separated in any way or do you want the Events List to basically just show all events? I’m wondering where the Events List would start at then? For instance, would you still list with the soonest upcoming event at the top? Or, if you were displaying all past events too, would you display the oldest past event at the top?

– Jonah

wowweedesign
    Participant

Hi Jonah,

We don’t want them separated at all but if possible would only like to show only 10 events per page. And we would be displaying with the soonest upcoming event at the top but also showing the past events below it.

Thank you!

Jonah
    Participant

Hi wowweedesign,

Unfortunately this is a bit more complicated than we can help out with. You’ll need to setup some custom queries, one to show the soonest upcoming events and one to show past events past a certain point. You can either use WP_Query (here is an example: https://gist.github.com/jo-snips/5112025) or tribe_get_events() (https://theeventscalendar.com/support/documentation/the-events-calendar-template-tags-general-functions/#functiontribe_get_events) to run your queries and you’ll want to put those custom queries in page templates or something like that.

I hope that helps and sorry I can’t offer up anything else here.

– Jonah

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘Show past and upcoming events on the same page’ is closed to new replies.