Show only first instance of recurring event for a specific list/category

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Show only first instance of recurring event for a specific list/category

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    ad-elit
    Participant

Hi,

We are using The event Calendar Pro together with Beaver builder and Themer. How to make a specific list/category to show only the first instance of a recurring event. We need this give our visitors a better overview of what is going on and what is cumming.

I know that I can go into settings and turn this function on. General Settings -> Recurring event instances.

But then it affects all my list on the whole site and that I don´t want.

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hi! Thanks for reaching out. We’re experiencing a high volume of support requests right now, but please do bear with us and we’ll review your question as quickly as possible.

ad-elit
    Participant

Okej,

Saw a spelling mistake and wanted to and some more text was unable to correct it directly in the post:

We need this give our visitors a better overview of what workshops is currently going on and what workshops are coming under the current semester.

Andras
    Keymaster

Hi ad-elit,

Thanks for reaching out!

Apart from the setting you mentioned there is no built in option to hide recurrences in specific views only. That will either require some css / javascript magic or custom development.

If you can share more details on where you want to hide recurrences and where not I might be able to help you further. Do note however that we cannot develop a full fledged customization for you as it is beyond the scope of our support.

Cheers,
    Andras

ad-elit
    Participant

This reply is private.

ad-elit
    Participant

This reply is private.

Andras
    Keymaster

Okay, that helps.

Normally we do not do this, but I managed to throw this together.

Check and let me know if that helps.

Cheers,
    Andras

https://gist.github.com/andrasguseo/9a0b6c709820e6cd1e20695fc35def31

ad-elit
    Participant

This reply is private.

Andras
    Keymaster

This reply is private.

ad-elit
    Participant

Alright!

I would appreciate any help I can get from the Support team.
    The question/problem is the same, want to show only the first instance of a recurring event from a specific category on a specific page.

Example:
    We have a page named “workshops” and on that page, we only show the events from the event category Workshops.

Page: http://gurraberg.wpengine.com/workshops/

But here we would only want to show the first instance of a recurring event.

We need this or something else that your team recommends, to give our visitors a better overview of what workshops is currently going on and what workshops are coming under the current semester.

Our site is built on Beaver Builder with Beaver Themer that supports The Events Calendar Plugin.

Andras
    Keymaster

Thanks for the additional details Mattias!

I will put your request in the queue and when we have a bit of time someone will take a look at it.

At the moment we are quite overloaded with questions, which is actually quite unusual, so it can take 2-3 weeks until we get to this.

Cheers,
    Andras

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • The topic ‘Show only first instance of recurring event for a specific list/category’ is closed to new replies.