Show Number of Available Tickets Remaining

Home Forums Ticket Products Event Tickets Plus Show Number of Available Tickets Remaining

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Ryan
    Participant

I want to show the number of available tickets for an event on the individual event pages (single-event.php), and also in the LIST view, if possible. I have searched the support forum, and some of the more recent threads seem to indicate that the remaining number of tickets should already be visible, and other forum threads seem to indicate that I’ll need to customize the single-event.php template.

Can you help point me in the right direction here?

Does it make any difference if I use the Global Stock option, or if I enter the available stock for each ticket? I have tried both methods, but in both cases, the available number of tickets does not appear on the front-end.

Also, is there a way to provide a custom notice/message once all of the tickets are sold?

Thanks for the help.
    ~Ryan

Ryan
    Participant

As a follow up note, I have also noticed some strange behavior regarding stock quantities that may or may be related to the above issue. For example, when I enter the number of available tickets in either the “global stock” field, or within individual tickets, and then save/publish the event, the stock quantity fields are both empty. However, the entered stock number still shows outside the editable fields. I have attached a screenshot below.

Jennifer
    Keymaster

Hi Ryan,

Thanks for reaching out!

The number of remaining tickets should display by default on the single event view and in list view. If this is not the case for you, try going under WooCommerce > Settings > Products > Inventory and make sure that the “Manage stock” option is checked. This should solve the last issue you mentioned where the stock quantity fields are empty…I did a quick test on my end with the “Manage stock” option disabled and got the same result. The “Enable global stock” setting should not make a difference as to whether or not the remaining quantity is displayed.

To change the “sold out” message, you can follow the instructions in our themer’s guide to copy and paste the tickets.php file into your child theme and edit the message from there (line 144 is where the message is).  This post has some more detailed instructions that I think will be useful to you!

Let me know how that works!

Thanks,

Jennifer

Ryan
    Participant

Hi Jennifer,

Thanks for the help. This resolved my issue.

Thanks again!

Jennifer
    Keymaster

No problem! I’m glad to hear it’s working now!

Since this thread has been marked “resolved”, I’ll go ahead and close it out. Feel free to open a new one if you have any further questions!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Show Number of Available Tickets Remaining’ is closed to new replies.