Show more than 1 featured event (next event widget)

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Show more than 1 featured event (next event widget)

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Tony
    Participant

Before the last release, I editing a php core file to enable more than the default 1 event to be shown in the next event widget. Since updating, this change was lost. Could you tell me where this is now located? It was, as I recall, a simple change from “1” to “%number%” somewhere.

Tony
    Participant

It hsa been more than 24 hours since I posted this. Has it also ‘fallen through the gaps’ like my last few?

Barry

Hi Tony, sorry about the wait. Perhaps you are thinking of the code found on line ~34 of this file:

events-calendar-pro/lib/widget-featured.class.php

You should see a little piece of text in there looking like “numResults=1” – does that sound like the code you are looking for?

As always, we do advise against this sort of modification for the very reason that such a change can be overwritten upon updating.

Barry

One other thing I’d highlight (could also be useful for anyone else out there who might be interested in this), I think the approach I would advocate here is using the Events List Advanced Widget, which allows control over the number of events to be shown (and customizing it as necessary via template overrides).

If for any reason you absolutely need to make the Next Event widget display multiple events however, it’s possible to accomplish this without hacking the core:

http://pastebin.com/UtCxn4mq

Cheers 🙂

Tony
    Participant

Thanks Barry, this works great. However I am getting the error:

Warning: extract() expects parameter 1 to be array, null given in mysite.com/public_html/wp-content/plugins/events-calendar-pro/lib/widget-featured.class.php on line 23

Barry

Yep good catch, my bad. Try this: http://pastebin.com/kZeZEeS0

Tony
    Participant

Thanks. The error has now gone, but I notice that the Events List Advanced Widget only shows 5 events now and my minicalendar tooltips only works for the first 2 events.

Barry

Not really sure why you are experiencing problems with your minicalendar tooltips, but you’re bang on about the other widgets. Third time luck 😉 http://pastebin.com/t6GeB5uE

Tony
    Participant

Barry – That works perfect, thanks very much! Cheers

Leah

Glad to hear that was a success Tony. I’m going to close out the thread, but if you have any other questions feel free to start another.

~Leah

Support Droid
    Keymaster

This topic has not been active for quite some time and will now be closed.

If you still need assistance please simply open a new topic (linking to this one if necessary)
    and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • The topic ‘Show more than 1 featured event (next event widget)’ is closed to new replies.