Show how many tickets are left

Home Forums Ticket Products Event Tickets Plus Show how many tickets are left

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    websource
    Participant
    Cliff

Hi. This functionality is default in our newest plugin: Event Tickets (free) and Event Tickets Plus (optional add-on)

Please check it out and let me know if I can answer any follow-up questions for you.

Thanks.

websource
    Participant

Hi Cliff

Can you give me a demo link where i can see how this looks like?
    In you wpshinding demo i couldnt be able to find it.

Cliff

You can actually see it in the “mock screenshot” for the first link’s background image:

Event Tickets Banner

You can see a more direct screenshot of it at this page: https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/rsvps/

Of course, the Event Tickets plugin is free, so feel free to give it a try too!

Let me know if you need anything else.

websource
    Participant

Hi Cliff

I am a little bit dissapointed that our Idea has just been implemented half.
    I think wee need to have a status on the Overviewpage. The User should be able to see on this site (http://wpshindig.com/events/list/) how many seats are left or if it is sold out.

Let the user click in every site hes interested to see if there are seats available is not ergonomic

Cliff

Thanks for the follow-up. I believe I now understand what you’re wanting — if there aren’t any more tickets available overall, you want to display a “sold out” message or even remove it from the Views (List, Month, etc).

You could probably accomplish what you’re wanting with some custom coding (i.e. a theme override of the different Views). Via your own coding, you could add up all available tickets for an event and, if no more remain, you could display a “sold out” message or even hide the event.

If you got such functionality working, you could even display the number of remaining tickets if you desired to. I have added this particular feature idea to our internal feature requests, but you could also choose to add it as a new UserVoice idea for our Event Tickets plugin. We strongly consider ideas that receive many votes.

As for right now, we don’t provide such advanced customizations as part of our Scope of Support Terms, but you could get started by referencing our Themer’s Guide to create your own Views (in which you’d implement the custom code for determining overall event availability).

I hope this information helps.

websource
    Participant

Hi Cliff
    To be honest with you I don’t want to start a new user voice idea für Events Tickets Plugin. I already startet this one and it hasn’t been implemented as I hoped it would. So if we should go back to vote again for an idea then please reopen the existing user voice idea (http://tribe.uservoice.com/forums/195723-feature-ideas/suggestions/5547825-tickets-allow-users-to-see-how-many-tickets-are-l)

The first half of programming has now been done by tribe, which I really appreciate. Now there just has to be implemented some information on the listview of the events. Sold ould Events should get a sold out message and if a event hasn’t been sold out by now there should be a message like “10 Tickets available”

I don’t have to list up some plugins who already have this feature and promote it great. So I hope you will be able to give this next part of the uservoice idea a implementation in a timely manner.

Cliff

Thanks for your feedback. I understand what you’re saying.

I agree it’s a good idea (which is why I logged it internally already); however, this use case was not mentioned in the UserVoice thread that is now closed (and will remain closed).

If you’d like (you don’t have to), you may choose to open a new idea, as discussed before.

Thanks for your understanding.

John Paul
    Participant

this issue has being mentioned soooooo many times in these forums. It is clearly something that should not even have to be asked for.. it is just basic common sense that a user does not want to trawl through all the events to find ones where the tickets are available…

websource
    Participant

Totally agree John. This has to be done asap.

Cliff

Thanks for your additional comments here. I’m going to mark this topic as Closed.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • The topic ‘Show how many tickets are left’ is closed to new replies.