Show Events List By Year

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Show Events List By Year

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    joeleadedesign
    Participant

Hi Guys,

I’m migrating a client from their current site to a new site that uses TEC + Pro. They want to their events landing page to be categorised by the below:

Current (this month)
    Upcoming (from next month onwards)
    2013 (from yesterday back to January)

Clicking on the above links will show a list of events that fit within the relevant date ranges e.g. 2010 will be all events from 01 Jan 2010 to 31 Dec 2010.

I’m struggling to figure out how I can create page templates with an array to show this info. Can you point me to the right documentation? I’m getting lost in the forum discussions & tutorials.

Thanks!

Joel

Barry

I suspect you’d need to build this up with custom code and we’re a bit limited in terms of how much support we can provide for this sort of thing.

To return events for 1st January 2005 to 31st December 2005, for instance, you might be able to leverage our tribe_get_events() function, setting eventDisplay to custom and setting the event_start_date and event_end_date properties accordingly. You may also want to set posts_per_page to infinity (-1), depending on how many results are likely to be returned.

joeleadedesign
    Participant

Hi Barry,

Completely understand re: limited support. What you’ve provided is great as it clarifies one of the options I was looking at. I wasn’t sure if the 2.x code could be applied to TEC 3.x, and thought it best to check before spending time using code that may be deprecated.

Cheers!

Joel

Barry

I can definitely appreciate that and happy to have helped even if in a very small way.

It’s great to hear about interesting things being built on top of the plugin and if you feel so inclined definitely drop us a line to share the results of your work once you approach completion (pro [at] tri [dot] be).

Thanks again!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘Show Events List By Year’ is closed to new replies.