Show event details on calendar view, not just on hover

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Show event details on calendar view, not just on hover

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Jason
    Participant

On the main default monthly calendar view, I need a way to show some of the events details (like date/time) and not just the event name itself. Right now, when you hover over the event name in the calendar view, the details show up. I want that to remain the same but I want to show date/time under the event name in the monthly calendar view.

Barry

Hi Jason,

The calendar is extremely customizable so something like this should definitely be achievable. We to tend to be a little limited in terms of how much depth we can go into with customization requests like this, but I can definitely try to point you in the right direction 🙂

In this case, I’d recommend setting up a template override – simply copy the following file:

wp-content/plugins/the-events-calendar/src/views/month/single-event.php

Place the copy inside your theme, ie:

wp-content/themes/YOUR_THEME/tribe-events/month/single-event.php

Now locate the following code:

<h3 class="tribe-events-month-event-title"> <a href="<?php echo esc_url( $link ) ?>" class="url"><?php echo $title ?></a> </h3>

Replace it with the following:

<h3 class="tribe-events-month-event-title">
    	<a href="<?php echo esc_url( $link ) ?>" class="url"><?php echo $title ?></a>
    	<?php echo tribe_get_start_date( $post->ID, false, 'j M Y @ H:i' ); ?>
    </h3>

What we’ve added is an extra line adding date and time information. You could certainly extend this to include other information and add additional HTML to help tweak it on a presentational level, too.

Does that help?

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘Show event details on calendar view, not just on hover’ is closed to new replies.