Show Category Description

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Show Category Description

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    instress
    Participant

I searched the forum and saw a topic similar to this, but it had no explanation on how to do it. If possible, I just want to echo the category description on the list view for that category. Bonus if someone can show me how to do it just for certain categories.
    Thanks!

Casey
    Participant

instress,
    Thanks for getting in touch! You should be able to do something like this using ‘term_description().’ Here’s an example of how this function would work with the Event Categories:

<?php echo term_description( $term_id, 'events_cat' ); ?>

Where $term_id is the ID of the Category that you’d like to display the description for. You’ll also want to take a look at our themer’s guide to understand how to override template files and customize them for your needs.

Hopefully this should get you started in the right direction. Good luck!

Thanks! 🙂

-Casey-

instress
    Participant

Thank you for responding.
    I figured out a different call to make, with the same results. I added
    <?php echo category_description() ?> into the /list/content.php in my child theme so that it’d just print the category for the page that was displaying. I’ll keep your idea in mind too, if I ever want to change the behavior.
    Thanks again!

Casey
    Participant

Thanks for confirming that this got you sorted. Since it looks like you’re all set, I’m going to mark this thread “Answered” and close it out.

By the way, if you have a minute or two, we would love it if you’d write a few words for us here: http://m.tri.be/lo

Thanks in advance. 🙂

Cheers,
    Casey

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘Show Category Description’ is closed to new replies.