Show Category Description in List view

Home Forums Calendar Products Community Events Show Category Description in List view

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Marco
    Participant

Hi there,
    to get the category description showed under the Schedule & Recurrence Details in the List view I added either
    <?php echo category_description() ?>
    or
    <?php echo term_description( $term_id, ‘events_cat’ ); ?>
    to [my-theme]/tribe-events/list/single-event.php file, without success.

Thanks for support

Jennifer
    Keymaster

Hi Marco,

Thanks for reaching out! You could add something like this to your template:

$event_cats = get_the_terms($post->ID, 'tribe_events_cat');

foreach ($event_cats as $category) {
    echo '

' . $category->name . '

';
    echo '

' . $category->description . '

';
    }

I included the category name in case you would like to display that as well, otherwise you can just delete that line (along with the

tags – or replace them with your own markup). But this will display all of the category descriptions for an event.

If you haven’t already, I would recommend taking a look at our themer’s guide, which has some great tips on customizing our plugins.

Let me know if you have any questions!

Thanks,

Jennifer

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘Show Category Description in List view’ is closed to new replies.