show calendar on two pages with different views

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO show calendar on two pages with different views

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    teubl
    Participant

Hi there,

I set up the event calendar to show on a page with standard view (list). Now i would like to show locations on another page. (I guess this would be showing the calendar in mapview.)

How can i apply this?

Thanks, Ed’

Geoff

Hi there, Ed! Welcome to the forums and thanks for getting in touch. 🙂

All the calendar views include their own URL. For example, Map View will look something like this:

[your-site]/[events-slug]/map

Similarly, a direct link to the List View would be:

[your-site]/[events-slug]/list

That means that–even though the plugin only comes with one calendar–you can still link directly to multiple views. 🙂

Does this help answer your question? Please let me know.

Cheers!
    Geoff

teubl
    Participant

Thanks for the reply

This helps – sorta,

I did set [mysite]/events as default and for a second page [mysite]/events/maps, but i prefer to keep something like [mysite]/maps

Both pages will be in the main menu, so i want to keep the names accordingly. And i basically only need the map to show on this second page.

Hope this is possible. Thanks!

Geoff

Thanks for following up, Ed!

One option might be to create a redirect on your site that points /maps to /events/map. There are many plugins that will do this for you, for example, Redirection.

Unfortunately, there is no way to control redirects directly in our plugin, but hopefully this gives you a solid alternative to make that happen. 🙂

Cheers!
    Geoff

teubl
    Participant

Thanks,

I can redirect, but then the url still shows in the addressbar i presume? For now i gave the menu link a different name, that points to the /events/map. I guess that yields the same result?

Geoff

Yes, that’s correct. You will always have the calendar slug (/events) in the address. The Redirection plugin would allow you to use something else (e.g. /map) but, yes, it would redirect to /events/map.

Cheers!
    Geoff

Geoff

Hey there, Ed! Just checking in to see if still need any assistance on this one–please let me know. 🙂

Cheers!
    Geoff

teubl
    Participant

Hey,

thanks for checking. But i’ll stick to the menu-redirect as best workaround.

(Still think it’s a good idea to have an option to choose an url yourself 🙂 )

issue resolved

Rob

Hey Lassooy! Hope you’re doing well. Geoff is out on vacation this week, but I wanted to jump in to confirm that we saw your post here and appreciate your confirmation that it’s all set. I am hoping that a feature we’re shipping in our forthcoming release — which lets you override the word “event” as you see fit — will help you out here as well.

For now I’m going to close out this thread. Let us know if you have any other questions or anything else we can help with going forward. Cheers.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The topic ‘show calendar on two pages with different views’ is closed to new replies.