Show all Categories & Subcategories

Home Forums Calendar Products Community Events Show all Categories & Subcategories

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    jebs38
    Participant

Is there a way to have all the categories shown on the event submission form?

Also, the category list does not break down into categories and subcategories.

For example:

Arts Events:
    Theatre
    Dance

Is there a way to alter that setup?

Jonah
    Participant

Hi John,

There’s no easy way to do this now. You need to tap into the formCategoryDropdown() function but we don’t have a filter for it so you would need to modify the core to change the category selection at all. I’ve just created a ticket to add this functionality in a future version and we’ll likely add this functionality soon as it’s a pretty important function to be able to control what categories are displayed.

Cheers,
    Jonah

jebs38
    Participant

Thanks Jonah.

I think I will just leave that change to the developers. It is most important for my site that all the categories be shown. I know that they are all there, but I don’t know that my users will. It would be easier for my users to see all of their options to begin with, and not to have to click something to see more.

Thanks for your answer.
    John

Jonah
    Participant

Well one thing you could do now John is modify the CSS to make the “Show all categories” link pop a little more…

jebs38
    Participant

Thanks Jonah!

Rob

Thank YOU for all the feedback you’ve provided on the forums here, John. You’re helping us make a better product with each bit 🙂 Let us know if we can do anything else.

Support Droid
    Keymaster

This topic has not been active for quite some time and will now be closed.

If you still need assistance please simply open a new topic (linking to this one if necessary)
    and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The topic ‘Show all Categories & Subcategories’ is closed to new replies.