show all categories when posting a new event

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO show all categories when posting a new event

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Tony Ash
    Participant

I was using this https://theeventscalendar.com/support/forums/topic%2Fshow-all-categories-for-new-event/?source=tri.be to show all categories but it no longer with with ECP 3.11.

What’s the best way to do this now?

George
    Participant

Hey Tony,

Unfortunately, at this time this still requires editing a bit of core plugin code, which means that the change will be lost after the next update 🙁 But, I have made a development ticket for us to add a filter here, so hopefully we get that into the next release anyways (which would make this super easy to change! 🙂 )

For now, what you’ll want to do is head your Community Events plugin files and head to src/Tribe/Main.php there.

Once in this file, about 3/4 of the way down around line 1922 or so, you’ll see a function called formCategoryDropdown(), the one originally referenced in that thread you shared above.

Look for a line of code in this function that looks like this:

$shown_item_count = 9;

Simply change that 9 to 20, or 30, or some other high number like 99 or something, then save the file and it should show all the categories that exist.

I hope this helps!

Cheers,
    George

Support Droid
    Keymaster

This topic has not been active for quite some time and will now be closed.

If you still need assistance please simply open a new topic (linking to this one if necessary)
    and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

Leah

Hi there,

I wanted to report back to you on the status of this issue. Your report is tracked in our internal system and a fix is on our to-do list, but we were not able to fit it into our upcoming 3.12 release. Please know that the issue is still very much on our radar and we will be working on it for a future release. We appreciate your patience while we work to improve our plugins. Thank you for using The Events Calendar!

Best,
    Leah
    and The Events Calendar team

George
    Participant

🙂

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘show all categories when posting a new event’ is closed to new replies.