Shortcode – VIEW – not working

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Shortcode – VIEW – not working

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Caylee Migliorini
    Participant

I have to be doing something wrong here.

No matter what VIEW I use in my shortcode (view=”list” view=”day” view=”week”) – my webpage displays the full MONTH calendar and ignores the CATEGORY I set (instead displaying all events from all categories). Is it merely a setting I’m missing somewhere?

Shortcode: [tribe_events view=”list” category=”category_name”]

Events Calendar Pro Version 4.4.28

Caylee Migliorini
    Participant

Just changing the REPLY status since a few people have access to the email box associated with The Events Calendar account. I can just check back here for responses.

Mathew
    Participant

Caylee,

In looking at your website, it does not look like you have the necessary view enabled to display the list. Please ensure that “List” is checked on the “Enabled event views”. It is located under “Events -> Settings -> Display” in the WordPress Admin (See Attached).

Hope this helps.

Caylee Migliorini
    Participant

Well then. I feel a bit foolish. I should’ve seen that. Thank you!

Quick follow up question: I was playing around with the various views and such last week and somehow got my events to display with the DATE to the left, TITLE in the middle… something like the attached (which was designed by an outside vendor for another one of our sites but also using The Events Calendar).

Or am I thinking of a something else?

How customizable are the list option(s); particularly the LIST view?

Mathew
    Participant

Caylee,

Glad that worked out for you.

The example you provided from the Upcoming Events on the Ahwatukee Charter site is an example of what a little CSS and template overrides can get you. This styling can certainly be applied to the list view.

To answer your question, very. The list view has some basic customization done to it, but it’s a blank canvas when it comes to what can be done to it.

There are some great resources on this website regarding customization. If you haven’t already found it, here’s a great starting point for customization. The Themer’s Guide and the Knowledgebase handles the basics. For more complex customization the Technical Docs are a good deep dive resource. General CSS related information can be found here.

You can certainly use the tools in a browser to inspect the CSS on the Ahwatukee Charter site to see how the outside vendor achieved the styling.

Hope this helps.

Jennifer
    Keymaster

Hi Caylee,

I’m glad to hear that you got your first issue resolved, and thanks so much for chiming in here Mathew! These are two great answers.

Mathew is right that there are many possibilities in customizing our events views. The resources he linked to should be very helpful. Please let me know how it goes!

Thanks,

Jennifer

Caylee Migliorini
    Participant

Yes (thank you!). I was able to use the instructions above to better customize the LIST view on my page(s). However, after a bit more digging – this is more of what I was referring to before (see screen shot):

[tribe_events_list category=”category_name” tribe-bar=”false” limit=”3″]

https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/pro-widget-shortcodes/#event-list-shortcode

I think I can work with the CSS to tweak this to what we need.

Jennifer
    Keymaster

Great! If you do need to customize that template as well, you can find it at wp-content/plugins/events-calendar-pro/src/views/pro/widgets/list-widget.php.

Caylee Migliorini
    Participant

Thank you. I think my initial problem/issue has been fixed so we can close this out. Should other questions arise in terms of customizing the LIST WIDGET template – I can open up a new ticket then. (Unless you’ve got other processes I should follow.)

Jennifer
    Keymaster

Perfect Caylee! Feel free to open up a new ticket anytime 🙂

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • The topic ‘Shortcode – VIEW – not working’ is closed to new replies.