Shortcode for specific category breaks layout

Home Forums Ticket Products Event Tickets Plus Shortcode for specific category breaks layout

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Nathan Baldwin
    Participant

On this development page – https://nini.yournewdevsite.com/classes/and-beyond/ the page content above the short code and the sidebar disappears, there is nothing in console. Here is the shortcode I used. [tribe_events_list category=”3-yrs” limit=”5″]

All the other pages with the shortcode for tribe_envent_list works fine, for example – [tribe_events_list category=”9months-3yrs”] on https://nini.yournewdevsite.com/classes/growing/

Nico

Hi there Nathan,

Thanks for getting in touch! I can help you here…

Seems like the page is encountering a fatal error and it’s only printing the page up to the final event but not completing the view more link!

If on the same page you use a working shortcode like [tribe_events_list category=”9months-3yrs”], does it works as expected? And if you remove the limit parameters from the original shortcode?

Also can you enable error output for the site so we can see the actual error on the page?

Thanks,
    Nico

Nathan Baldwin
    Participant

yes, if I add another shortcode on page it works, if I remove the limit parameter is still does not work.

When I enable debugging, nothing is outputted.

Nathan Baldwin
    Participant

Also, if I remove all the events by putting them in draft, then the content appears. I randomly publish any events and the results are the content goes away again, so it isn’t an issue for a specific event.

Nico

Thanks for following up Nathan! This is still very intriguing for me, def not something I’ve seen in the past!

If no errors are printed out there must be some evidence of the page crash in the php server error log, Can you try to reach it? If you are not sure about it try contacting your hosting company on it.

In the meantime can you try to change the category slug to ‘threeyears’ and re-test? Any differences?

Also, I see that you marked that this was tested with no other plugins active and a default theme. Same behaviour could be verified?

Best,
    Nico

Nathan Baldwin
    Participant

changing the slug resolved the issue, not sure why or how, but it did. Bug somewhere.

Nico

Thanks for the heads-up Nathan! Glad to hear this it’s solved 🙂

Not sure where this might come from, but yeah it looks like a conflict or bug. If at any point you find the cause of the issue please let us know.

I’ll go ahead and close out this thread, but if you need help with anything else please don’t hesitate to create a new one and we will be happy to assist you.

Best,
    Nico

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The topic ‘Shortcode for specific category breaks layout’ is closed to new replies.