Shortcode for recent events

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Shortcode for recent events

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Mason
    Participant

Hi,
    I’m trying to add 4 latest events to my home page in a grid format. Is there an easy to use shortcode for this purpose?
    Thanks.
    Mason

George
    Participant

Hey Mason!

Thanks for reaching out to us – there unfortunately are not shortcodes for embedding events in the plugin by default.

However, while it will not display the events in a grid format by default without some custom CSS, you can use a very well-built plugin called “Event Rocket” to be able to embed events with a shortcode. It’s not officially supported but is made by one of our own Developers, and many users get a lot out of it. Check it out here → https://wordpress.org/plugins/event-rocket/

That might be really helpful – that will let you embed events, and then with a little bit of custom CSS, you should be able to display things in a grid as you see fit.

Let us know if this helps.

Cheers,
    George

Mason
    Participant

This reply is private.

George
    Participant

Hey Mason,

Thanks for elaborating on your issues here. Unfortunately, the style differences on your home page are not because of a bug with The Events Calendar, but because of your theme – and it’s not a “bug” at all, in fact, it seems to simply be the way your theme is constructed and designed. For example, on that homepage the calendar is being “stuck” within certain Grid glasses coming from your theme, like .vc_col-sm-8 – overriding this is something you’d have to write custom CSS within your theme to override.

I’m sorry if that’s a disappointment Mason! Let us know if you have any other questions or concerns that we can help out with.

Cheers!
    George

Mason
    Participant

Thank you George. I will contact the theme developers then.

George
    Participant

Sounds good Mason, sorry to disappoint. Any other questions, comments, concerns? If not, I’ll go ahead and close up this ticket, but if other questions pop up regardless, you can always just come back and open up another ticket 🙂

Cheers,
    George

Mason
    Participant

Not now, if any i’ll open a new one 🙂
    Thank you.

George
    Participant

Nice! Best of luck with your project.

Cheers,
    George

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The topic ‘Shortcode for recent events’ is closed to new replies.