Shortcode for particular event category

Home Forums Ticket Products Event Tickets Plus Shortcode for particular event category

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    carly
    Participant

Hi all,

I have 3 event categories for which I sell tickets: cookery school, kid’s academy and wine school. I have an overall ‘what’s on’ page which shows everything that is coming up, BUT I also have individual pages for the cookery school, wine school and kid’s academy which includes copy about each.

I would like to include a list of the up coming courses for each of the event categories in their respective pages on the site. I was expecting to use a shortcode for this, like you would with woocommerce but it doesn’t seem to work.

How can I make this happen?

Barry

Hi Carly,

Great question.

Right now we don’t have many shortcodes (in fact, just one – [tribe_mini_calendar] – ships with Events Calendar PRO though we’re adding more soon).

You could use this as follows:

[tribe_mini_calendar category="your-category-slug"]

This will then embed the mini calendar widget within your page. I appreciate that may not be quite what you’re looking for, but perhaps it would help in the interim?

Alternatively, you could link directly to the category archive in question from your menu (ie, example.com/events/category/some-category) or else you could use the [event_embed] shortcode from this third party plugin (do note that we don’t offer support for third party plugins within these forums, however).

Would any of those options work for you?

Barry

Hi!

It’s been a while so I’m going to go ahead and close this topic.

• Need help with anything else? Go right ahead and post a new topic, one of the team will be only too happy to help
    • Still need help with this issue and need to re-open it? Again, please simply create a new topic and link to this one to provide the team with some context

Thanks!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘Shortcode for particular event category’ is closed to new replies.