Shortcode Filter Country

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Shortcode Filter Country

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    worldgolfskills
    Participant

Howdy. I’m trying to create a shortcode filter by country and it doesn’t appear to be working.

[tribe_events_list country=”canada”]

Above is the code I created and it is still showing a list of all the countries on the page that it is embedded to? Is there a certain code for each country or where am I able to access that information?

Thanks!

worldgolfskills
    Participant

I think I might have found a way around this by issuing an ‘international’ tag to all of the countries I’m wanting to filter, however I’m still unsure how I can filter by two additional items.

[tribe_events_list category=”world-golf-scramble” tag=”international”]

Right now I’m wanting to filter all events that are in the world-golf-scramble category AND also have an international tag on them. However, right now it is adding events with the world-golf-scramble category that don’t have the tag of international on them? Is there a way to set it so that both the category and tag have to be selected in order for it to appear?

Geoff B.

Good morning Paul and welcome back!

Thank you for reaching out to us.
    I would love to help you with this topic.

Above is the code I created and it is still showing a list of all the countries on the page that it is embedded to? Is there a certain code for each country or where am I able to access that information?

Actually, this specific shortcode will not work because the “country=” is not a filter, but rather a parameter to choose if you want to display the country or not (accepted values are “yes” or “no”) in the list of events. You can find that same option in the advanced list widget.

However, right now it is adding events with the world-golf-scramble category that don’t have the tag of international on them? Is there a way to set it so that both the category and tag have to be selected in order for it to appear?

This is a great question. I have checked our code and it turns out that supplying multiple filter parameters acts as a “OR”, not as “AND” by default.

I will open a ticket for that. Unfortunately, I cannot commit to a release date at this point. But stay tuned, you will be contacted when fix is released.

In the meantime, as a workaround you could use the Advanced List widget which lets you control that.

Let me know if that helps.

Have a great day!

Geoff B.

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘Shortcode Filter Country’ is closed to new replies.